BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: death raven

Veteran-Sergeant

Default death raven

Q (335pts)

Belial - Master of The Deathwing (130pts) Storm Bolter and Sword of Silence

Sammael - Master of The Ravenwing (205pts) Jetbike

Troops (1665pts)

Deathwing Command Squad (Troops) (290pts) Cyclone Missile Launcher (20pts), Deathwing Apothecary (30pts), Deathwing Company Standard Bearer (25pts), 4x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Sergeant (43pts) Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (235pts) Cyclone Missile Launcher (20pts), 4x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Sergeant (43pts) Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (250pts) Assault Cannon (30pts), Storm Bolter and Chainfist (5pts), 3x Storm Bolter and Power Fist Sergeant (43pts) Storm Bolter and Power Sword

Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (250pts) Assault Cannon (30pts), Storm Bolter and Chainfist (5pts), 3x Storm Bolter and Power Fist Sergeant (43pts) Storm Bolter and Power Sword

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (Troops) (300pts) 5 Ravenwing Bikers (250pts) 2x Plasmagun (30pts)

Ravenwing Attack Bike (50pts) Multi Melta

Veteran Sergeant Chainsword

Ravenwing Command Squadron (Troops) (340pts) Ravenwing Apothecary (15pts), Ravenwing Company Standard Bearer (25pts) 5 Ravenwing Bikers (250pts) 2x Plasmagun (30pts)

Veteran Sergeant Chainsword

Brother-Sergeant

Having played the dualwing for some time, I can tell you a few things right off the bat:

1) Give Belial either LCs or a Hammer and shield. His default wargear is just garbage.

2) Put Sammy in the Land Speeder, not the jetbike. Not being an independent character makes the jetbike a deathtrap for him, while being able to premeasure and move 12" while firing both weapons makes the speeder much better. Yes, you can glance it to death now, and yes the speeder probably only has 2 HP, but it's still AV14 on the front. That's a tough nut to crack while able to keep its targets exactly at 24". It's basically a tougher, overcosted Stormtalon without being a flyer, but making your bikes troops. But it's still harder to take down than Sammy's jetbike.

3) The Ravenwing banner is a complete waste of points. Don't bother. Ravenwing bikes shouldn't be in assault. If they get there, one extra attack isn't going to do you any good. Hell, a powerfist would actually work out better, because then you could punch some vehicles.

4) Cyclone Missile Launchers > Assault Cannons. 'Nuff said.

5) Even with power swords being AP3 now, I still wouldn't leave home without at least 1-2 members of each Deathwing squad carrying a TH/SS.
    Last edited by Kaika87; 09-04-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I was hoping to us the new starter set marines. I cab convert them I guess but I love the new terminator and I have two units.

Veteran-Sergeant

HQ (335pts)

Belial - Master of The Deathwing (130pts) Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Sammael - Master of The Ravenwing (205pts) Land Speeder

Troops (1650pts)

Deathwing Command Squad (Troops) (290pts) Cyclone Missile Launcher (20pts), Deathwing Apothecary (30pts), Deathwing Company Standard Bearer (25pts), 4x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Sergeant (43pts) Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (245pts) Assault Cannon (30pts), 2x Storm Bolter and Power Fist, 2x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Sergeant (43pts) Storm Bolter and Power Sword

Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (245pts) Assault Cannon (30pts), 2x Storm Bolter and Power Fist, 2x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Sergeant (43pts) Storm Bolter and Power Sword

Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) (235pts) Cyclone Missile Launcher (20pts), 4x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Sergeant (43pts) Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (Troops) (295pts) 5 Ravenwing Bikers (220pts) Ravenwing Attack Bike (50pts) Multi Melta

Veteran Sergeant (25pts) Bolt Pistol, Power Fist (25pts)

Ravenwing Command Squadron (Troops) (340pts) Ravenwing Apothecary (15pts) 5 Ravenwing Bikers (250pts) 2x Plasmagun (30pts)

Veteran Sergeant (25pts) Bolt Pistol, Power Fist (25pts)