BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default S.H.I.E.L.D the television show

So, ABC have ordered a [URL="http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/29/s-h-i-e-l-d-pilot/"]pilot of a S.H.I.E.L.D tv show[/URL] which is apparently going to be written by Joss and Jed Whedon and possibly directed by Joss, [URL="http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/08/30/joss-whedon-talks-s-h-i-e-l-d-tv-series-plus-the-avengers-back-in-theaters-labor-day-weekend/"]who will remain on staff for the rest of the shows run[/URL]

Squee?

I'm assuming it will focus on the non-superhero members with perhaps the odd cameo...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Wait a minute...

Not sure if good or bad...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Yep. It has the potential to be excellent. Or it could be bloody awful.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

And corny. Gods I hope it isn't corny.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I would imagine play out like those cheesy sixties/seventies programs, you know like the saint, the avengers(with mrs peel not superheros), charlies angels etc...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Its a Joss Whedon show. Have faith. It will be awesome, deep, enriching....then the network will cancel it in the middle of a series and he'll have to rush his storylines and kill half the cast.

This better not interupt filming of Dr Horrible 2
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Normally I'd take comfort in the fact Joss Whedon was doing it, but then I really hated Dollhouse. But I think if it is good it will get a fair run, ABC are owned by Disney and Marvel are working with them for the Cinematic Universe series so it seems unliekly ABC would go 'screw this' and cancel it without giving it a shot.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Normally I'd take comfort in the fact Joss Whedon was doing it, but then I really hated Dollhouse. But I think if it is good it will get a fair run, ABC are owned by Disney and Marvel are working with them for the Cinematic Universe series so it seems unliekly ABC would go 'screw this' and cancel it without giving it a shot.
    And Buffy was amazing...especially towards the end....

Chapter-Master

Buffy, Firefly and Angel were awesome

I liked Dollhouse. The first few episodes were a bit meh, but once he got into the real story it was great. The 2nd series was good, but suffered from the Fox Effect

Dictionary - The Fox Effect. A series that has been cancelled, speeds up the main story, and compresses it into much less episodes than it should be, reducing its overall impact
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Firefly was anyway...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast