BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kharn Question

Chapter-Master

I agree that Kharn still hits friendly models even if he is locked in a challenge. His special rule states that he hits friendly models in the same assault/combat. A challenge doesn't take you out of that combat, it just means other models - aside from the challenger - cannot strike you and you cannot strike them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Well, it's technically a rule. It does specify that, if there is a conflict, codex trumps rulebook. It's in there somewhere.
    Oh hey, you're right (bottom of page 7)! I don't remember prior BRBs actually specifying that. Does you see something else at play here, DarkLink? In my view it's clear that the CSM codex calls for Betrayal to hit people outside of a challenge. Against that, we have the rather ambiguous challenge rules, which either (i) don't conflict with the codex, or (ii) do conflict with the codex. It seems to me that if (i), the codex analysis should stand, and if (ii), the codex analysis should take precedence. How do you see it?

Chapter-Master

I actually agree now that you can kill friendly models. It's a good point that Betrayal conflicts with the normal seeming inability to allocate wounds outside of a challenge, and thus trumps challenge rules. I was just speaking generally, that people tend to apply codex>BRB in situations where there isn't actually a conflict.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Oh, I see. Yes, yes they do =P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12