BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help Deciding an on an army

I am getting back into fantasy after a long hiatus, and I am stuck between two armies, Warriors of Chaos and Skaven. On the one hand I have some cool conversion ideas for a Norse themed WoC army (original I know). On the other is the idea of all those new Skaven models. I am not worried about the power level of the armies I am more concerned with the models and the fun of the gameplay if that makes sense, so can anyone help me here?
    Yeah I just realized I put this in the rumors section sorry!!
    So Aldramelech no advise?
    Last edited by ant7; 10-03-2009 at 03:51 PM.

I think this needs to be in General Discussion?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Brother-Sergeant

Warriors of Chaos for sure. Just my opinion.

Thanks PostWarFolk, thats what i am looking for, people opinions. I am really on the fence on this one but I seem to be leaning toward WoC

Battle-Brother

It depends on your play style.

Warriors of chaos can be a very elitist army with a few strong units, whereas skaven have lots of average troops in large numbers.

I myself play skaven and regularly take 80 clanrats, 40 slaves and 30 night runners in my 2250 armies.
    For a starting player that is a of of money, modeling and painting.

I will not be getting any of the new core models as I cannot be bothered doing all the work it took to get the army done. Now i look to doing smaller elitist armies because it is so much easier to get an army up and running.

Veteran-Sergeant

Are you a vile disgusting person? (no offense) if so pick skaven otherwise pick Warriors of Chaos.

Veteran-Sergeant

Simple really... are you a man or a mouse?

Battle-Brother

Warriors of Chaos if you want a cheaper army which can be on the table faster due to less models to paint! Also, its easier to use since you don't have to worry about the missile phase - just get stuck in! Also, your army is really, really hard.

Skaven if you want to have a really characterful fun-filled army of Rats with Gatling guns. I love Skaven but they would be a bigger cost and painting investment. Furthermore, they are tricker to use than WoC but just as rewarding.

A vote for WoC here, ease of entry, lovely models, hard as nails army.

Skaven's a big commitment both in time and money. Many are started, few are finished. In England at wargames events there is usually a "bring and buy". The club running the event will take your unwanted stuff and display and sell it for you, for a commission off the top (not sure if this happens outside the UK) its very, very popular. I cant remember the last time I didn't see a half finished skaven army on the bring and buy, there's always one.

I think to begin with small is beautiful, go WOC first.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast