BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Tau XV84 Commander

This model (and accompanying army) has been my most recent project, and I recently posted pics of this guy in the general discussion thread because I didn't realize this sub-forum had been moved and thought it was just gone... (whoops) I figure I might as well post the pics in the proper place:

Originally he had fusion blasters because even though I wanted to give him plasma rifles I liked the look better, but after I made some minor modifications to the rifles (shortening them just slightly and adding under-slung whatevers for more bulk) I think they come out looking pretty nice.

All feedback welcome.
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

He looks good, very clean. The only thing is that there is no depth to the model. You don't have any shadowing or anything in the crevasses. I would suggest taking a wash to him, your choice, to fill in the crevasses. You'll have to go over the whole model with it to get a good coat. It'll change the shade of the orange but it might look better. Next time you can keep washing them or you can do a base coat of black, brown, or a tan or orange then paint like normal except not getting any in the crevasses.