BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Finecast Sternguard Weapon Pack - Yeesh.

So these are the new Finecast pack of weapons for Sternguard, and they are shockingly bad. The lines are off, which is outrageous considering the combi-melta and heavy bolter are simply copies of pre-existing plastic bitz. As for the other combi weapons, they look like really weak rip-offs by a third party, and the lightning claws have blades that are clearly wonky in the publicity photo!

AND WHAT IS UP WITH THAT COMBI FLAMER?!

Seriously, who okayed these shoddy, lazy sculpts, and who okayed the publicity photo? Totally unprofessional.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m2580058a_99800101098_SternguardWeaponsRES01_873x627.jpg 
Views:	3876 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	2714  

Eh, definitelyyyy not worth the price. Not sure why the lightning claws are included in a shooty-focused pack, either. GW's thing is making pricey products that are worth the price, but this one's only got the "pricey" part down :P

Librarian

yeah these are poo.

why shell out for this crap? any compitent modeller who wants to do custom sternguard, will already know how and do better anyway.
    why didnt they just cast up the commander sprues combi weapons? and modify the grey knight heavy flamer (i did two for my sternguard), you dont even get a left arm to hold the heavy bolter, you are supposed to use the bolter grip ones.

where are the crux shoulder pads? also the inclusion of the tripod stand as an actual part is unbelievable.

as a side note FW offer the tartaros tremie guns as combi packs now, why cant GW just do the same? obviously not storm bolters.

only like the bolter, but that one is convertable. Paintjob btw is done by my 5 year old son if i may add

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by olberon View Post
    only like the bolter, but that one is convertable. Paintjob btw is done by my 5 year old son if i may add
    I paint like a 5 year old I am not that great a painter, but I could see myself painting those

they are terrible
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm going to have to get a set and see for myself how bad these are, I just can't miss out on converting my Sternguard squad into the Deathwatch Kill-Team i've always wanted! If this kit truely is bad, I can always exchange it for a better looking kit. Yeah, might be extra work, but I'll finally have the army i've wanted modeled and on the tabel top.

Librarian

These weapons are not the way to do Deathwatch.

Either go with Forgeworld...

Or home made conversions:

Brother-Sergeant

OMFG! If that's what GW thinks is quality work then they need to drop the lawsuit against CHS and not bother with aftermarket parts. Thanks to ebay and bits sellers, I can get all the combiweapons I need. If I want a combi-flamer that badly, I'll order the character upgrade sprue from forgeworld. Does it bother anyone else that the combi-flamer and combi-plasma are tiny little addons bolted to the top of the weapon, but the combi-melta makes the bolter seem like the add-on part? And the lightning claws...really, GW? The SW pack comes with two good LCs. You can't just redesign the Commander sprue to include all of the options for a power armor character? Really?

Fly Lord

Wow - just wow.

Who on Terra approved those to ship out to customers!

That is embarrassingly bad. This may be the worst piece of casting since the vacu-formed crater fiasco of a couple years back.

Aanyone remember that one!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Those craters were dissapointing, given how nice the master models were (the ones in all the publicity photos). These are terrible though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast