BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Falling Skies

Brother-Sergeant

Default Falling Skies

Just wondering if there are any other fans on here? I will warn potential readers now that this thread will certainly contain spoilers if you've not yet seen it all. I highly recommend checking it out, its got Speilberg's name attached and I'd describe it as Walking Dead but with aliens.

We don't yet know why the aliens are there, but we get thrown in right after an invasion, focusing on a group of people just trying to survive.

Initially I was going to give up on it after it started dragging toward the middle of season one, but I stuck with it and gave it a chance and oh boy was I rewarded, especially with the ending of season two recently. Damn! It just got epic. Something I was hoping would happen, happened. =D

So yeah... Just me or...?

Librarian

Here you got a Spanish fan too!!

But I also saw the 2 seasons in original version in english...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Haven't seen it I must admit
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

First-Captain

I'm really enjoying this show. We have just finished season 2 and I can't wait for more. It's a little bit slow burny but that has been good. Some of the more flashy, OMG shows tend to blow themselves out too quick sometimes. This has been good and solid.

Brother-Sergeant

SPOILER TIME!

I got really excited about the raygun thing, what were they aiming at? Then when the other aliens showed up at the end. Friend or Foe? Most likely friend, and who the gun was aimed at. Afterall, you can't go stomping around the galaxy without upsetting a few of our neighbours. Plus, I hope this is what aliens are really like, its so cool xD

On another note, if the Earth were obliterated completely, how weird is it to think that Voyager II would be the only evidence of mankind existing?
    Last edited by greendragon; 09-07-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: mistake

Chapter-Master

I recently watched the first four episodes after a few recomendations - but I had to just give up as I personally found it to be wholly unimaginative and dull, especially with those generic alien designs - allthough I don't know if it gets better later on? well, each to their own right?

Do wish someone would make stuff like Outer limits or star cops again, really miss sci-fi shows that focussed on good stories and had some creativity to them, the former had actual sci-fi writers doing the scripts (which doesnt seem to happen nowadays) while the latter was hard sci-fi with realistic science (which also seems sadly rare ). All those things seems completely non-existant these days unless they are just very hard to find (?) - otherwise, think ill keep sticking to books and recomend other serious sci-fi fans do the same.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 09-08-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chaplain

@ Xeno, I hear a couple months back on 'Coast to Coast AM' that some folks where doing Star Cops movies/ shows (don't remember which). Sounded like they where fans of the original, and had the blessings of the writers/owners/cast/etc. of the original on the scripts and whatnots, so who knows? Think that they had a Kickstarter at one point.

Librarian

I watch them, and must say

Im a fan, with reservations

I found it (specifically the 2nd season) to be predictable

[spoiler]

Of Course his former GF was going to betray them, OF COURSE Charlotte would have an attempted coup, and those mini skitter things, *rolls eyes*

I will admit, I keep thinking Wyle will go into his Librarian character and pull out some deus ex machina to wipe them all out, but then again, im silly!

[/spoiler]
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Librarian

I think in the end Tom Mason will obviously become the human savior...

Think the new aliens are foe or ally?
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets