BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    First-Captain

You could place emphasis on their different play styles. Such as Large 20 man marine squads, or making their rhinos assault vehicles. At the end of the day, if all you do is put them into Codex marines you take away their character. All they become is codex marines with a different chapter ability. Which would make playing them pointless.
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    But at least other armies have reliable shooting. We still have to take target priority tests for goodness sake.
    WOT?

But the rules for that aren't in the game any more. surely you follow the rules on shooting in the BDAB.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    WOT?

But the rules for that aren't in the game any more. surely you follow the rules on shooting in the BDAB.
    Nope, as per BT FAQ they still follow rules for target priority due to the "Kill them all rule."

BT were designed under the philosophy that for every positive you got a negative.

In 5th edition, they could compete due to gimmicks such as their vehicles were cheaper compared to other marines. Apart from rhinos. Plus we could get furious charge and preferred enemy. With turning the prefered enemy into rage. Removing all the benefits from our special rules leaving only negatives BT are weaker. Our only anti tank at range is vehicles. and now they die easily. And our troops can now be kited across the board...
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Nope, as per BT FAQ they still follow rules for target priority due to the "Kill them all rule."
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK TEMPLARS Official Update for 6th Edition, Version 1.1
    Page 23 – Kill Them All. Ignore this special rule.
    From [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2570036a_Black_Templars_v1.1.pdf"]here[/URL].

I thought that sounded weird.

Doesn't mean they don't still have serious problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Edit: - Don't call the background "fluff" around Jes. One guy did and he corrected him, pointing out that it was Jeremy's job to create that, and calling it fluff devalued it. The questioner corrected himself by saying "the expanded universe background setting", which pleased Jes no end.
    I'd recommend against using the term fluff in front of anyone.

I used it during the talk that Gav Taylor had the night before (where he didn't seem jet-lagged) and he gently corrected me to "well-thought out background" or something similar.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    From [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2570036a_Black_Templars_v1.1.pdf"]here[/URL].

I thought that sounded weird.

Doesn't mean they don't still have serious problems.
    Ahh they got rid of it nice. Still doesn't help that our Only Anti air can be lost the moment you kill one of the squad members of the unit using the turret. And that our anti tank is all based around units super expensive or super squishy.
    For the Greater good.

Banned

Fun fact: I can trace back places linking to my blog - almost every thread has devolved into an argument about Black Templars.

First-Captain

Fun fact: I can trace back places linking to my blog - almost every thread has devolved into an argument about Black Templars.
    That is interesting, sorry if any of those are me. Apart from this one, which I'm sorry for driving ot
    For the Greater good.

Banned

It's fine, just amusing is all that of all the things to discuss BTs are the one driving everyone nuts

First-Captain

It's fine, just amusing is all that of all the things to discuss BTs are the one driving everyone nuts
    Because our lack of an update has annoyed us, but to then nerf us in subsequent FAQ's...
    For the Greater good.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456