BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Harlequin Allies

If I'm playing a Codex: Eldar army and take Dark Eldar Allies, if I take extra Harlequins as part of that allied allotment, do those Harlequins get the benefit of Fortune and Guide from a Farseer when you go by the ruling of the new FAQ:
    Q: Do Dark Eldar allies count as Eldar for the Farseer psychic
    powers Fortune and Guide? (p28)
    A: No.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I would say not, they're still being taken from that Codex.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I agree. Which shows how silly this is. Harlequins are no more Dark Eldar than they are Craftworld Eldar and the unit entry in the DE codexwas copy and pasted from Codex: Eldar but one gets access to Farseer powers and one does not. Meanwhile every idiot SM libraran and his monkey can cast whatever crap they like on whomever they wish.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

*facepalm*

Soooooooooooo close. So so close.

By whomever they wish I mean brothers in arms on the allies chart.

There was so nearly an Eldar thread without Space Marines being involved... So close.

*cough* top psyker is level 1 *cough*

That level 1 psyker can still use his (one) codex buff power (The Gate of Infinity) on allies if he wants.

No he can't. He only has 3 powers.
    Mind Worm
    Hellfire
    Force Barrier

He can swap them, I don't know what Lores for though.

Chapter-Master

So why take them as allies and not in the Eldar force?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Because Allies lets you have two more. Four squads of Harlequins is a lot of rending attacks and the fact is they are really the only C:Eldar elite choice I think there is any point taking at the moment.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast