BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default 2000pt Harlequin Crone World Raid list

A'ight, I've drawn up a prelimary list for a Harlequin and Ranger theme list, the sort of force you might see travelling to a Crone World as per Path of the Outcast.

Farseer
    Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding Guide, Fortune

10 Harlequins
    8 Kisses, 2x fusion pistols, Troupe Master, Death Jester, Shadowseer

10 Harlequins
    8 Kisses, 2 fusion pistols, Death Jester, Shadowseer

10 Harlequins
    8 Kisses, 2 fusion pistols, Death Jester, Shadowseer

8 Pathfinders

7 Rangers

7 Rangers

6 Rangers

3 Vypers
    Scatter lasers

Fire Prism

3 War Walkers
    Scatter lasers

1988 points.

I've not given a great deal of thought as to how it would play, I guess the farseer would baby sit the Pathfinders with guide and fortune on those lovely 2+ cover saves. Everything else kills stuff. Lots of rending attacks, decent bit of S5-6 fire, surprising amount of S8 AP1 Melta goodness and a Fire Prism for a little extra punch now that blasts aren't a liability.

There is only one troupe leader because it represents one Harlequin troupe.

Opinions?
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-12-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Seems like a fun time. Its lot of cover saves. I'd be tempted to take a Warp Hunter over a Fire Prism so everything is hiding, but thats just me

Another things thats my prference would be putting the walkers in seperate squads, to maximise some survivabiltiy.

Is a Death Jester necesary in every squad? He needs to be standing to shoot, and i'd imagine they won't be stationary for long

Heres hoping for a Solitaire HQ choice in the future....

Could take Corsair or DE allies to match Outcast a little more....
    Last edited by DrLove42; 09-12-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

bear with me as i've had nothing to do with eldar since I last played against them under 2nd

As a scouting force would it be fluffy to swap out the war walkers with jet bikes/ vypers? or would the points be too expensive?
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 09-12-2012 at 08:05 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

...****, pasted in the draft list. Hold on I'll fix it.

Fixed.

I was thinking about the Warp Hunter myself, but then I thought would it really be fitting for them to be tearing holes in into the warp on a Crone World? Shrieker cannon is Assault 3 so he should be able to pewpewpew stuff before charging in with the others?

War walkers are used as scouts too so I thought they would be sutiable, the finalised list included both though.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-12-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    (Its not legal! You have 4 elites, which means double FoC. But you only have 1 HQ!)

Seems like a fun time. Its lot of cover saves. I'd be tempted to take a Warp Hunter over a Fire Prism so everything is hiding, but thats just me

Another things thats my prference would be putting the walkers in seperate squads, to maximise some survivabiltiy.

Is a Death Jester necesary in every squad? He needs to be standing to shoot, and i'd imagine they won't be stationary for long

Heres hoping for a Solitaire HQ choice in the future....

Could take Corsair or DE allies to match Outcast a little more....
    Oh EldarGal. *facepalm*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

LOL Fixed.

As I said, i likes. Would be fun to play. Lots of stuff with 2+ cover
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

It looks like it would look good.

It's a really balanced list, lots of anti-everything. Nice.

The only issue that I can see is mobility and objective scoring.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

They've got legs...

The general idea was for the rangers to hold my side of the board with hte pathfinders front and center, everything else slaughters the heck out of the enemy and some of the smaller ranger groups make a dash for objectives mid-late game depending how things are going. We tend to use a lot of terrain so they should be ok.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast