BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I got paid on friday, then I took a gamesday to the wallet

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Loving the (Blood Axe?) Ork Warboss with the Stikkbomb and Big Choppa. =D

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    It would seem internally FW are undecided on an emperor then ? As various quotes from different FW team members are different in regards to him having a model.
    I suspect that this actually comes down to the fact that they've not formally planned ahead yet - if Tony and Phil haven't had a sit down talk about the Emperor yet, then they may have completely different ideas as to whether or not they will do him at all.

Chatting with an author, whose name I have completely forgotten, they are having a bunch of problems with the vast amount of contradictory information about the Heresy that has already been publised, and its a bit of a diplomatic nightmare to get it all agreed. In short "you know that someone is going to be upset by some of the decisions, you just need to make sure its not someone important, and its as few people as possible".

In addition, whatever Forge World decides to do will need to go through Alan Merritt - so even once they come to agreement on a particular idea, they still need to make sure Alan is cool with it. (Alan is "Head of IP" which basically means that he's the final point of sign off on whether or not something becomes canon.)

Alternatively: Tony is up front about the fact that he sometimes lies about what Forge World are going to do. One and / or both of them may be deliberately lying about the Emperor model to see what happens on the internet. I wouldn't put it past them, and would take it with a level of good natured amusement if they are... Those pretty models earn them a hell of a lot of leeway in terms of what we let them get away with.

Thank you to everyone who has said nice things about my blog / report. It is really appreciated!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    There's no reason they couldn't do the fall of the Eldar if authors wanted to do it, but it would prob be after the heresy, and they mentioned "The scourging"
    [/I]
    Was this 'scourging' something they mentioned in relation to the fall of the Eldar or FW's new name for the post-Heresy Scouring, or something else?

Chapter-Master

sorry it could have been scouring, it was when they were talking about immediately following the siege of terror so probably immediatley post heresy, but I think they were saying that would probably be done before(if) they did the fall of the Eldar. Sorry didn't write that post clear enough.

I can't imagine how they would do the Fall to be honest, it wasn't exactly a military campaign.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It was more a massacre than a conflict.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Its more that something turned up and loads of dudes just fell over dead.

It'd be like the Hiroshima bomb drop, except that there was no military operation, it just "turned up" at ground zero and lots of folks dying

The black libriary could cover it, but i dont see FW doing it
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I can't imagine how they would do the Fall to be honest, it wasn't exactly a military campaign.
    Well I don't think the pitch would get excepted, apparently ADB once pitched a Romeo and Juliet style love story between two feuding navigator houses...didn't get very far...

Well sort of, I picture it almost like a natural disaster. It was the moment Slaanesh gained awareness so it is hard to use terminology that implies aggression or malovolence.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast