BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cypher spotted!

Default Cypher spotted!

via [URL="http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2012/10/new-cypher-spotted.html"]Apocalypse 40K[/URL]

Cypher is coming!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cypher-01.jpg 
Views:	914 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	3002
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-08-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: updated with latest info

Nope. Not buying it.

Quite easily knocked up. Stats are also ludicrously (read higher than Primarchs) high.

I'm filing this under S for shenanigans.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nope. Not buying it.

Quite easily knocked up. Stats are also ludicrously (read higher than Primarchs) high.

I agree why wouldn't give give him Ap2....its Cypher, he plays tag with a whole marine chapter!

Could be a store specific thing..... But the two month bit? Why bother? GW have moved away from opponents permission in their books, including Forgeworld. So why add it to an article? It only limits sales, and that's not a good plan.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

it could be something locally produced for a specific event, and not an official release at all. not saying I buy it or anything, just saying it might be explainable.

I don't think it is a new model for sale Mystery, I think it is just a one off rules sheet, if Spain is running a two month campaign, you can use those rules for the duration of the campaign to add Cypher to your force. It could be Dark Angels vs Chaos as a plot, and any none dark angels army may take Cypher for example.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 10-06-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Post updated with new info from person who supplied info.

I would like a new Cypher model, he's cool!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nope. Not buying it.

His stats arn't even close to a Primarchs. Hell, his key stats (S, T & W) are lower then Mephistons.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    His stats arn't even close to a Primarchs. Hell, his key stats (S, T & W) are lower then Mephistons.
    You seem to forget Mephiston is a total bad ***, He punchs marines to death!

Quote Originally Posted by Elzanith View Post
    You seem to forget Mephiston is a total bad ***, He punchs marines to death!
    And he's still not as tough as a primarch (though he's up there), and Cypher is weaker still. The original claim was Cypher was tougher than a primarch, which is just patently false.

Also, for those who don't speak Spanish, his wargear is Artificer Armor, (Precision?) Bolt Pistol, (Precision?) Plasma Pistol, frag and krak, and C'tan Phase Blade. His special rules are Independent Character, Deep Strike (? [Maybe Scouts? Translates as Rapid Deployment]), Eternal Warrior, Hit & Run, and Fleet. The Phase Blade is AP3 Instant Death.
    Last edited by Archon Charybdis; 10-06-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast