BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

mmmmh...it loooks too warhammer fantasyish to me. The raptor is cool though.

Chaplain

I really want to see some of the older Chaos Marines revamped too. Death Guard still looks ace, but the rest of the line seriously needs a refresh. Those old dumb models is what prevents me from starting chaos marines. If the new marines look like the DV ones... oh man lol.

Right now, I am all GAMMIT GW and throwing my money at the monitor lol.

I love that Maulerfiend. I LOVE machine/flesh infused monstrosities. I'll have to wait until we get better photos to see the details. My impression is that I need to do some converting to make them look a little bit more chaotic. The Soulgrinder is a perfect example of a machine/flesh infusion, as well as the Helbrute. It just oozes chaos. These guys seem a bit too clean at first glance. With the dragon, I would be tempted to put proper dragon wings on.
    Last edited by KrewL RaiN; 09-18-2012 at 03:16 PM.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There is only Generation One as far as I'm concerned.
    bah weep granah weep nini bong

Back to the topic. I'm usually the first guy to be jumping on the ' new stuff is awesome!' band wagon......
    not this time. I am very much underwhelmed. I'm feeling a Nagash moment coming on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1440484_99110207002_ColNagashMain_445x319.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	2820

Iron Father

I would like to see some more pics now please

I don't hate the models, just glad I am a loyalist at heart and am feeling no urge to splurge on this new dex.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I'm a Loyalist too.

FOR THE LION!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I think the models look cool the dragon is definitely one of the most unique fliers out there and the warp talons are amazing, dark vengeance was a good intro for the new chaos range and I think it will get better from here! I have just one reservation though, I agree with Krewl Rain I really hope they don't get the same treatment necrons did and just leave the basic chaos marine box as it is now. they are pretty crusty and after seeing what they did with the chosen why not revamp them plus I'm sure they need to add more weapon options into the kit! Still buzzing for the release though and cant wait to start a plague army!!!!
    http://malletman40kfantasyhobby.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mallet_man View Post
    I think the models look cool the dragon is definitely one of the most unique fliers out there and the warp talons are amazing, dark vengeance was a good intro for the new chaos range and I think it will get better from here! I have just one reservation though, I agree with Krewl Rain I really hope they don't get the same treatment necrons did and just leave the basic chaos marine box as it is now. they are pretty crusty and after seeing what they did with the chosen why not revamp them plus I'm sure they need to add more weapon options into the kit! Still buzzing for the release though and cant wait to start a plague army!!!!
    Anecdotal I know, but Chaos typically do quite well when it comes to range revamps.

Though do consider how many kits are based on the existing chaos marine sprue. Could be a potentially limiting factor. Though one does wonder if we'll see a shiny new Chosen box... Would be a sly move to really shift the new models, without massive initial outlay.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Iron Father

Looking over the 2 fiend examples, it suddenly stuck me that the heads of both are not unlike some of HR Gigers ruder art work.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

While not exactly what I had in mind, the 3 Daemon-Engines will make AWESOME templates for conversion. The Fiends would look great with a different heads, and the Dragon is more of a jet than a dragon, which I understand and am ok with. That said.......thing needs to be Slaaneshi-fied. Please, someone make a giant rainbow "JUST AS PLANNED" bird.

starting csm... in dinobot colours...

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast