BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I disagree, the baroque stuff are things like chosen, characters and daemon engines, they are the same style as the marines and terminators, just more ornate and more detailed, which is reasonable for the more unusual elite troops, it is a good way to distinguish them from being more armoured dudes. the aspiring champion in the photo does not stand out from the marines as being a different style, just as being more detailed as a champion
    Fair enough, its personal taste for sure. But the Chosen looking more ornate than Terminators ? Thats just wrong to me.

The FW upgrade kits could help the terminators and troops blend a little better into the look but thats an expensive route for many. I think I would be tempted if I were so inclined to try and use the raptor kit and bash out my troops from those. Could be expensive but at least it would unify the armies look.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

GW's recent focus has been on new kits and converting metal/hybrid kits. Excluding the ancient Dark Eldar I can't remember the last 40K kit that was a re-do of an existing all-plastic kit?

I think we're going to be stuck with the old plastics for a while.

Not sure why the new post on the frontpage said that death guard are going Finecast as they are already Finecast. Also thousand sons can only go to Finecast upgrade kit as they aren't fully metal.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

No cultists? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by knightyc View Post
    Does anyone have a pic of the actual codex????
    I have some scanned sites from WD, even the complete releases and some more tiny pics...
    But it's a lil bit tricky, because they would be banned in another forum.

hope this will be ok! -> [URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/108370529345394006791/19September2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPW8xfK5m 4yn7QE&feat=directlink"]https://picasaweb.google.com/108370529345394006791/19September2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPW8xfK5m 4yn7QE&feat=directlink[/URL]
    Last edited by korgüll; 09-19-2012 at 05:03 PM.

wow looks different. the dragon and other walker look a bit like something off power rangers or something..

Any idea if codex is colour and hardback like the fantasy ones?

Brother-Sergeant

They've been saying that it will be high quality, fantasy style yes.

Chapter-Master

Anyone know if the White Dwarf says the Forge/Mauler fiends are walkers or monstrous creatures?
    I haven't heard of a walker on a large oval base before that's Tervigon sized (and yes I know, there's the Defiler). I know rumours had the new daemon engines as walkers but....particularly the Maulerfiend, they look like monstrous creatures to me.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Anyone know if the White Dwarf says the Forge/Mauler fiends are walkers or monstrous creatures?
    I haven't heard of a walker on a large oval base before that's Tervigon sized (and yes I know, there's the Defiler). I know rumours had the new daemon engines as walkers but....particularly the Maulerfiend, they look like monstrous creatures to me.
    I'm 90% sure they're walkers, but I was thinking the same thing.

Between daemon engines (including the Helkite), dreadnoughts, Wraithlords and Dreadknights the line between vehicles (particularly walkers) and monstrous creatures is awful blurry these days.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

WHY HAVE THEY STOLEN THE COVER OF BLOOD GORGONS FOR THE CODEX!?!?

I don't even...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast