BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Imperial Armour 12

It may be a while off yet, but we have our first 'official' mention of IA12 and what will be featured in it from teh GW preview of Games Day:
    ‘You'll be able to chat to Talima Fox, Neil Wylie and Alan Bligh, the talented minds behind the incredible narratives in each of our books. Talima will be discussing her work on the forthcoming Warhammer Forge book Black Fire Pass, featuring the Empire, Dwarfs and Orcs and some really exciting narrative, fantastic artwork and miniatures concepts. Neil and Alan will be talking about future projects too secret to be spoken of here, and also the forthcoming Imperial Armour Volume 12 which, rumour has it, will feature the Minotaurs chapter alongside other Imperial forces fighting a sector-wide conflict against various Chaos and Xenos forces with the shadowy threat of the Necrons lurking in the background.' Ead explained. It all sounds tremendously exciting! What about the miniatures side of the Forge World studio, however?
    I'll update this thread as we hear more, and anyone else with news is welcome to do so too, of course.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

YEY! Necrons!

I'll plug the team for information at Games Day.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

i am excited by more necron stuff from forgeworld. i feel they have a lot of potential for some lovely mechanical gribblies!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

We've already seen the Canoptek Dragonfly things, they're pretty awesome.
    I want more Lords and more Crypteks.
    If they steal my idea for a Necron Titan then I'll be happy, means that I don't have to try and make it.

Speaking of which, picture of some of the Necrons:

The talk of 'xenos' makes me hope we will see Eldar in some capacity. The context would be good to show them at their best, striking at certain targets while other threats occupy most of the attention, then dissapearing again.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They are the Necrons' main enemy, it'd make sense.
    I wish I could see that picture... It isn't those Dragonflies is it?

Yep.

Chapter-Master

EG: you know as well as I do that FW would NEVER throw us Eldar players two bones consecutively :P

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep.
    Oh, then I withdraw my objection.

Well, no, probably not. But at an earlier Games Day they mentioned wanting to show warfare on a sector-wide scale which would be an ideal time to have a small Eldar strike force appear, do something then leave with minimal resistance. A lot easier than getting a full IA book where there has to be a major conflict. I'm going to be emailing them with some 6th ed update concerns soon, maybe I'll suggest it to them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast