BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Replace with Demon Prince LOL

I take it these are the "if your character kills another one in a challenge" things that were rumoured

The Warlord traits being unique for an army are interesting, wasn't expecting that
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Yep. Just updated the Boon. You have to win a challenge.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Is it any character or is it on Independant Characters. And does it have to be against another IC or just character?

I'd imagine if its just character, the idea of a Champion in a unit turning into a demon prince for killing a marine sergeant would be funny :P

ANY character.

Chapter-Master

Had a sudden image of an army thats done well in challenges running around with 10 demon princes.

I want the cultist leader in my squad to win challenges just so eventually he turns into a huge awesome dude

It depends if they have the special rule to roll on that table.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by tzeentch's dark agent View Post

the chaos marines lose their battle report, so all of those neckbeards who say that new armies always win are wrong.
    spoilers ffs

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

They do lose battle reps occasionally, i remember at least 2 in my memory, one of which was the first one i ever read

I believe they play out a few battles and then publish the one thats most epic and demonstrates stuff, even if they lose

Disapointed to read that cultists are more expensive than expected.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    They do lose battle reps occasionally, i remember at least 2 in my memory, one of which was the first one i ever read

I believe they play out a few battles and then publish the one thats most epic and demonstrates stuff, even if they lose

Disapointed to read that cultists are more expensive than expected.
    Indeed, I believe the Tyranids lost theirs.

No surprises there. :P

Sounds good, although I think they should have just gone with a 2D6 table like Warriors of Chaos, that lot seems a bit too much, and I don't think having the same chance between +1 strength and becoming a Daemon Prince is very fair. The Warriors of Chaos one has 12 as the best, but generally the table is quite balanced. This doesn't seem quite so comparatively balanced. :P

Still, hopefully Mr. Kelly is delivering a winner, and it will be more Dark Eldar success story, less Space Wolves nightmare.

Well like most flavors of the month, some things made by GW are just dumb. Anyhow, welcome the new OP army until the next one. I just love how they balance things.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast