BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    That bottom piece is from one of the Fantasy Storm of Magic pieces...
    Thanks for the suggestion thou that bitz match up is too common for my liking.
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

THE LITTLE THINGS
    I needed to create a Spire Guard armed with a lasgun for my new list who would most likely be manning the defence quad turret so I converted this Spire Guard Combat Engineer.
    I also realized I didn't have a objective for 'Relic' missions so I created this large magic tome.

THE PROJECT'S GRAND FINALE
    Well I'm done for this project for now but what better way to finish off the Thousand Sons but with this awesome looking Dreadknight Proxy of a Thousand Sons Commander with a powerful Tutelary familiar.

I did experiment with the idea of adding some blue lighting effects for the Tutelary but it's very difficult to make work on red armour and the ruins, the glow effect from the sword however came out perfectly.
    The Tutelary is pinned to the ruin using a clear flying base so he's very far forward from the pillar and thanks to the positioning of the arms and shield you can't see it unless from looking at it from a certain angle. Of course I enjoyed adding the Space Wolves especially the one with the burnt face.

I'll be entering him into the 'Throne Of Skulls' monster miniature contest next Saturday.

WHAT NEXT FOR THE 15TH LEGION?
    I'll be taking a break from the Thousand Sons to work on my Grot Rebels, but after they're up to date I'll be returning to convert my Cybernetica robots into Broadsides and creating Spire Guard shock troops for Fire Warriors. Also I may add a few more Thousand Sons infantry units and a another commander like model for use as a Librarian.
    Of course if I'm able to get a hold of a decent full army picture I'll post it up on this log, till then!

“FOR THE CRIMSON KING!!!”
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567