BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    That's a quid more than the last one, unless your indie is adding something on. Those articles better have some proper stuff in them, because I'm not paying a quid more for shinier paper. All shall become clear tomorrow.
    Nope I generally pay less at my local model shop than GW prices.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Scout

Just downloaded the ipad edition and I was very impressed (even a whole penny cheaper than the paper copy!). Deadlift you said you were looking at buying both versions so I would be most greatful if you would let us know your comparison of the two editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Monkey View Post
    Just downloaded the ipad edition and I was very impressed (even a whole penny cheaper than the paper copy!). Deadlift you said you were looking at buying both versions so I would be most greatful if you would let us know your comparison of the two editions.
    It was nice enough. I think I might stick to the paper version in the future. One thing that was VERY annoying was that only a few of the pictures was zoomable. They disabled zoom for most of the magazine, and only had a few pictures that you could zoom in on. Which seeing as the iPad's screen is smaller than the paper magazine meant that many of the pretty pictures were kind of useless.

Also the two movies that came with the mag were useless. I wish they would have put links where I could view them if I cared to. Also the 300mb foot print of a single issue was troublesome.

Also I disliked how many of the chaos models were lit. Dim lighting + Black, grey and Gold paint jobs meant that it was really hard to get a good sense of the model. Also it made many of the models in the wide army views look indistinct.

Loved the new painting and conversions sections. It was very annoying that none of the pictures in those sections were zoomable, and all of the picts were on the small side. Again making for difficult viewing.

The iBook publications are nicer than this issue of White Dwarf. Due to the fact that you can zoom (it doesn't stick, but you can zoom and view a part of a picture that catches your interest). So I was kind of annoyed with Digital White Dwarf.

Scout

Been at a wedding all day trying to sneak peeks of the new white dwarf while people were pre-occupied! I feel its definately an improvement on the previous issues of WD but it remains to be seen if it will entice me to resubscribe! It was a much better read, I didn't notice that the pictures were quite dark until TashaG pointed it out but agree with that.
    I really enjoyed the painting section, always one of my favourite parts, but it took me a while to realise that the reason why I could not enlarge the photos or scroll through them was that this option was not supported, again as TashaG stated. I cannot help but feel this is a glaring oversight that will hopefully be rectified in later editions.

Looking forward to the next issue non the less, also trying to stop myself from buying a paper copy too!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Monkey View Post
    Not much difference really, but I do like the convenience of the iPad version. I subscribed so its £3.75 an issue with the discount. The added 360 rotations and battle report videos are nice too. I love being able to zoom into the pictures too. GW never to miss a beat have also added tabs next to the new models, they open up to show details of the model, like who sculpted and price. You can even hit a button which will take you to it's page in the online store.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

Whatever you guys wanna hate on is cool, I am sitting here going through my iPad version right now. I'm loving it! Definitely a good call on GWs part to make it available this way.

Instead of complaining that you have to get an iPad for the digital stuff, why don't you just... Not. I mean honestly, if they don't make it for your platform yet, they just don't get your money from this specific and not very key to their business thing that just came out what? 2-3 months ago?

They'll either get to it, or they won't. That's how a ton of things work. Honestly right now it's funny, my iPad can't run flash, but at least I can get my gw books while travelling!

Also at GD they have confirmed it will be coming to Android and whatnot in the future.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Scout

Got a look at the paper copy today, its definately an improvement but I think in the future I will embrace technology and stick with the digital version!

I get T3 and Stuff via the iPad and they reduce the price over the printed version by £1.50 per copy, slightly better than a 1p saving.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123