BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default A few little bits from A Friend

Speaking to a friend of mine I managed to get a few little (ok, tiny) bits of information.

First off, a lot of rumours are very wide of the mark or wrong. Harry is the closest to being right but still way off the mark.

No one likes Black Templars... this was given no reference as to its actual meaning.

That is it, there is no more.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    No one likes Black Templars... this was given no reference as to its actual meaning.
    Maybe the Black Templars are getting folded back into the Space Marines codex? I'd feel bad for my friends who play Black Templars, but I can't argue that it wouldn't be nice to have fewer super-special Space Marine flavors.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Maybe the Black Templars are getting folded back into the Space Marines codex? I'd feel bad for my friends who play Black Templars, but I can't argue that it wouldn't be nice to have fewer super-special Space Marine flavors.
    The problem is that of all the SMs, the Black Templars are the least like Codex SMs, excepting Grey Knights (not marines) and maybe Space Wolves (probably really about the same level of difference as BTs, really).

So, if any chapters were to be put back into the main SM Codex, it should really be Dark Angels, and maybe Blood Angels. But they'll never get moved back.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    The problem is that of all the SMs, the Black Templars are the least like Codex SMs, excepting Grey Knights (not marines) and maybe Space Wolves (probably really about the same level of difference as BTs, really).

So, if any chapters were to be put back into the main SM Codex, it should really be Dark Angels, and maybe Blood Angels. But they'll never get moved back.
    I'm a Blood Angels player, and I approve this message. I agree that the Blood Angels could easily have been handled with the vanilla marines book, some special rules in that book, and maybe a pdf supporting release that included some special Blood Angels units.

Ah, codex bloat...

Anyway, I don't know much about the Black Templars. If you say it's not possible to fold them back into the 'nilla codex, then you're probably right.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

BT were not even legion! This fals-leading lapdogs shall cuddle into the shadow of their father-legion. I appreciate if they were forced back into the generic. May a trait or two
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Speaking to a friend of mine I managed to get a few little (ok, tiny) bits of information.

First off, a lot of rumours are very wide of the mark or wrong. Harry is the closest to being right but still way off the mark.

That is it, there is no more.
    A few little bits of information about what? There are an awful lot of rumours out there - or do you mean every rumour thread of recent days?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

They really wouldn't work in the main SM codex. They don't use Devastator or Scout squads at all, and, instead of tactical squads, they have a unit that can be equipped with either bolt pistol and CCW or bolt gun, that is up to 20 men strong, and can be up to half made up of Initiates (i.e. "Scouts").

It doesn't matter that they weren't First-Founding their realisation on the table is possibly the most different to Codex.

Well Harry defers to Hastings and Hastings does have an excellent track record too so I'd question that bit. The rest is rather pointless.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Well, they don't use scouts and devastators right now. That can change and it wouldn't be a big deal. I remember when Phantom Titans had several crew members and the Primarchs wrecked the Imperium every Tuesday. That doesn't happen any more Btw, anyone know if the old Warlock Titan has Apoc rules? I keep eyeballing the old Armorcast ones... they dare me to revisit the Eldar of my youth.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I'm a Blood Angels player, and I approve this message. I agree that the Blood Angels could easily have been handled with the vanilla marines book, some special rules in that book, and maybe a pdf supporting release that included some special Blood Angels units.

Ah, codex bloat...

Anyway, I don't know much about the Black Templars. If you say it's not possible to fold them back into the 'nilla codex, then you're probably right.
    They couldn't they really couldn't,

And the Chaos codex is a perfect example of WHY, that thing is barely able to handle the 4 gods and undivided never mind renegades or each of the legions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast