BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Default Using Warhammer quotes in everyday life.

I do it all the time, I get odd looks and deep inside my inner nerd is laughing its head off. That's right, you know you have done it too, Shouting "Waaaggghhhh" when in the queue at the supermarket or saying its "For the Greater Good" when justifying another round of beers in the pub.

I have a close mate who had a tumour removed from his tonsils yesterday. We were having a laugh about it a few days previous and I dared him to say "Blood for the Blood God" instead of counting to 10 when he was anesthetised. Like a true chaos player he followed though with the dare and I have just pre-ordered him the codex as his reward.

Anyway what well known 40k phrases do you guys use in everyday life, much to the annoyance of others

My kids love being referred to as "the snotlings" at parents evenings, the teachers however seem to be devoid of humour.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Going on bar crawls with nerd mates is always cool as shouts of "for the emperor!" and "Onwards my brothers in His Name!" always gets us some good looks. This is when the Dawn of War quotes come out which can entertain us for hours.

"Walk softly... And carry a big gun."

I have been known to quote "hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" at people who hope things instead of doing something about them. When I end up doing unpaid overtime I usually change my Lync status to "only in death does duty end" for the duration. And of course a laser tag session or Nerf war just isn't a proppa fight without a good WAAAGH!

Edit: Oh, and I use "you iz mukkin' about" way more often than I should have to.
    Last edited by Houghten; 09-22-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Shas'o

Before I can make myself go to class I have to play a song really loud in my car and get psyched up. Once fully psyched I jump out of my car and yell "FOR THE EMPEROR!!!" and charge in to school. Or when I have to go to WalMart I yell "Caedes Caede Deo!!!" (Latin for "Blood for the Blood God")
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

I often use 'Blood for the Blood God' but substitute other things for blood. Some random examples would be:

Black pudding for the Black pudding God.
    Seamed stockings for the seamed stocking God. (Slaanesh)
    Cute little kittens for the cute little kittens God.
    Plum pudding for the plum pudding god, custard and brandy butter for the custard and brandy butter throne.

I tend to use Star Wars quotes more, I swear there is a Star Wars quote for everything.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I know around here, chores such as mowing the lawn often become referred to as Exterminatus events (and it's usually pretty accurate!), and more than once have my animal companions been called "the cat-squigs". Best, or possibly worst, though; I have used the "Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne . . ." line from my sig to answer a dubious phone call. The people I know well enough to want to talk to know enough about 40k to get it, and the people who don't get it . . . I likely didn't want to talk to anyway!

Speaking of which, I wonder if we in the states could organize a campaign to get Slannesh on the presidential ballot as a write-in candidate? "Vote Slannesh in 2012! The only candidate who cares enough to make you enjoy it when you're getting screwed!"
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Cute little kittens for the cute little kittens God.
    Interesting fact: Also Khorne. Well, he does have a life outside of battle, you know!

Admittedly, most of it is going to, or coming from battle, but he likes to look at pictures of cats on his auspex

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I tend to use Star Wars quotes more, I swear there is a Star Wars quote for everything.
    I have a bad habit of referencing the Simpsons, from recent episodes that most people haven't bothered to watch, or old ones everyone's forgotten. And then people don't get why I laugh. "Why I laugh?"

See? And there is a Simpsons quote for everything. Really the number of famous people who my only knowledge of them is a Simpsons reference is disturbing. But handy at trivia.

Now I have flash images of Khorne chuckling at LOLcats.

Gods damn it.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Speaking of which, I wonder if we in the states could organize a campaign to get Slannesh on the presidential ballot as a write-in candidate? "Vote Slannesh in 2012! The only candidate who cares enough to make you enjoy it when you're getting screwed!"
    Emperor help you if Slaanesh wins and you didn't vote for Her!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Now I have flash images of Khorne chuckling at LOLcats.

Gods damn it.
    You're welcome

Woo! Post #400!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast