BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Hidden in Plain sight - Bretonnians?

Have I seen hidden plastic Bretonnians in plain sight?

These are all the currently available knights (Errant or Realm/Questing/Grail):

Now look at these guys on the White Dwarf Direct Debit Subscription page:

Quite different to all.

Things to note:
    No fley de fers or grails so not Questing or grail knights.
    Compared to all the sets there is a "proper" looking kite shield (far right/back) in white - has no rim.
    Musician is quite different to the current plastic - helm raised to reveal face and coif.
    Standard bearer holds his banner across his chest with both hands - unlike any of the current ones
    Champion holds a axe - the current plastic set only has a sword

Of course it could just be a staff members conversions as you can just see an regular Enchantress in the background/centre of rear rank.

Thoughts?
    http://blood-claw.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

It looks like an older model, not a new one. Horse looks like a mounted squires horse with Knight bits stuck on....?

Chapter-Master

There was a shelf on one of the design studio hubs with some beautifully painted Brettonians in it, but I'm not familiar enough with the range to tell you if they were new models or not, but there was defiantly Brettonians at gamesday...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Sergeant

The helm on the one in white and black is an old school one, it used to come in the old box set that pitted Lizardmen against Bretonnians.

Chapter-Master

I'd suspect old/conversions. Brets are one of the few armies for which there hasn't been so much as single half whispered rumour and I'd be amazed if they had a picture of new models leaked in this fashion, either accidentally or on purpose.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Yep. Older models and conversions. From left to right, front to back -

Musician: Older metal Knight musician on new Bretonnian barded warhorse

Champion: Newer Knight with added axe arm. Armor and helmet is the current line.

Banner Bearer: Current Knight of the realm with battle standard bearer. You can tell because of the bell. The banner has been replaced with a flowy one. The hand on the top is the original that comes with the standard bearer. The bottom hand could be sculpted or from another model since the current knights left arm is molded onto the body.

Current knight of the realm

Damsel: Older metal mounted Damsel (now in finecast) with sword and staff with crescent moon and star.

Knight: Head, body and shield from old plastic knight of the realm (before the remake). Horse is the old generic empire/bretonnian horse. The draped sword at the flank is taken from the current Bretonnian warhorse (compare to the horse in front). The small shield on the front flank is from the Knights of the Realm shield/shoulder pad.

As a Bretonnain player, I recognize most of the parts. See next post for catalogue shots of the above.
    Last edited by Lunar Camel; 09-24-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: updated info
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Veteran-Sergeant

Here are some catalogue pix of several of the pieces. The Damsel is a Bretonnian mounted damsel (an older model at that).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998P011-01.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	2869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998P023-02.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	2870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998P024-02.jpg 
Views:	6031 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	2871
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ah crap...

It's a shame as Brets are the one army that would get me playing fantasy again
    http://blood-claw.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

I've been playing them since they were re-released. They still kick *** with the new edition and intimidate most of the players I go up against.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MC Tic Tac View Post
    Ah crap...

It's a shame as Brets are the one army that would get me playing fantasy again
    Agreed. I have a soft spot for them.