BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Skimmer destroyed after moved flatout and hammerhand psychic power in 6th questions

So a couple of questions that i haven't found an answer and would like your help to clear these up.

1) Is it so that passengers are no longer dead (nor suffer same fate that when flyer is blown out of the sky) when embarged on a fast skimmer that moved flatout and got destroyed?

2) Do Hammerhand- psychic powers still stack? It was at some point ruled so, but i cannot find any reference to it anymore. Only on p.68 of the rulebook under "blessings" it states that bonuses and penalties of different blessings are always cumulative.

3) As a bonus question that i had long since forgotten: Can Psyker that is locked in close combat use psychic powers that are used at the (start of) movement or shooting phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    1) Is it so that passengers are no longer dead (nor suffer same fate that when flyer is blown out of the sky) when embarged on a fast skimmer that moved flatout and got destroyed?
    Skimmers that moved flat out and were destroyed are simply wrecked or exploded, depending on how they were destroyed (see page 83). There's nothing special about the result itself, although moving flat out as a skimmer means that it's easier to become wrecked.

2) Do Hammerhand- psychic powers still stack? It was at some point ruled so, but i cannot find any reference to it anymore. Only on p.68 of the rulebook under "blessings" it states that bonuses and penalties of different blessings are always cumulative.
    Hammerhand isn't a blessing. As page 68 makes clear, psychic powers don't have to have a type. However, +1S is still +1S (i.e., a modifier, and not a replacement value), so I don't see why Hammerhand wouldn't stack.

3) As a bonus question that i had long since forgotten: Can Psyker that is locked in close combat use psychic powers that are used at the (start of) movement or shooting phase?
    In general, yes. Being locked in combat doesn't make you skip those phases; it only limits what you can do during them. Thus, obviously a psyker locked in combat could not use a psychic shooting attack (because he isn't allowed to shoot), but he could certainly use other powers.

I have a question that I think is related. Let's say you have a squad of GK terminators and a Chapter Master that has joined. In combat, do the psykers act separately or as a unit?

1) So I can choose to cast hammerhand twice (for the stack) OR cast it with my Master then use the Justicar to activate force weapons?
    2) Similarly, when denying the witch can my Master roll as well as the term squad?

I assume it's a trickle down effect. An IC can cast stuff down to his unit while the IC can't benefit from powers cast by the unit. So in the example above, My terminators would benefit from the extra hammerhand while the Master just gets his own. But I don't know.
    My 40k Blog: www.warpminds.com

Hammerhand affects all the models in the unit (ICs, justicars and basic terminators), however, brotherhood of psykers special rule specifically states that to activate the force weapons its only the "original squad" that takes the one test to activate all, while ICs still have to activate theirs.

Also, while they are in a single unit justicar is "THE psyker" for the terminators, while grand master is responsible for himself (for skills that affect psykers for example)

Also, while they are in a single unit justicar is "THE psyker" for the terminators, while grand master is responsible for himself (for skills that affect psykers for example)
    So would this mean that they get 2 deny the witch rolls if the power affects both an IC and a unit?
    My 40k Blog: www.warpminds.com

No, Deny the Witch is by unit, not by psyker. The IC and anybody he has joined are still a single unit. However, the whole unit would benefit from the IC's mastery level.