BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Few BT questions

I thought about few things with BT codex, and tactics in 6ed.

First of all:

Assault sqad. Earlier in 5ed I always take for FA slots LS with typhoon ML,because it was cheap and quite strong with firepower. But now we have rage with Accept any challenge...that gives us +2 attacks, additional attack from hummer of wrath, charge up to 24" (12" move, and max 12" charge.. if I'm correct). And if we take chaplain with jump pack we have also re-roll to hit in turn that we charge... It's of course much expensive but quite nice. What you think? Are they worth they point cost? Or good old LS typhoon are still better?

Second thing:

usually I play against CSM, or another SM, or mixed CSM and DE army.. In this point of view crozius arcanum that have AP4 is quite usless, because we wound usually for 2+, but there are higher chance that CSM, or SM will cancel the wound in case of saving throw that we wouldn't have in case of power sword, axe, or LC. If I take power weapon instead crozius arcanum I'll pay additional 15 point's. So Is better take chaplain with Crozius aracanum, and have re-roll to hit in turn that I charge, or take Marshall with pair of LC, that is cheaper, and I have LD 10 all over the table, but I don't have re-roll's to hit.?

that's all for now.

thaks foir help and I'm waiting for comments

Veteran-Sergeant

Assault squads can be very good... but if you want to take on I would recommend allying with some blood angels to take one instead.

The PW is taken in addition to the crozius, so can take both and use the one you want, i like the thunder hammer option.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

I'd stick with Typhoons - they're brutal for the cost. I usually give my chaplain a power fist to go with the crozius, that way he can use either and keep the +1A when using pistol/crozius (bless the old codex). Rage+Rerolls+PowerFist=superhappyfacesmash!
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

I always took Marshall with LC in 5ed I had re-roll to hit and to wound and that was awesome.. now it's worse option...Indeed power weapon is additional so it will make nice option, PF is also destructive option nice food for thought.

If I take Blood Angels as allies they won't benefit from accept? there is written all units taen from codex:BT.. so if I'm correct they won't benefit from this VoW.. or I'm wrong

I agree that LS typhoon's are worth they're cost, but I love they Idea of Assault sqads.