BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Interesting idea, but I've stolen enough for them already lol mixing space wolves models, the occasional filed robed space marine, bits of blood angel iconography, friendly salamander personality, and codex space marines lol.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Pics or didn't happen.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Lol they're all packed away, if I get round to painting fresh ones they'll go on here.

Just a thought -- there are the Guardians of the Covenant, which have a similar colour scheme (sort of) to the one you're talking about:

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant#.UGNHZ3aI2kI"]Article on Lexicanum[/URL]

The other (possible) successor chapter to the Dark Angels that doesn't just look like another bunch of Dark Angels is the Angels of Vigilance:

Again, [URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_of_Vigilance#.UGNHynaI2kI"]article on Lexicanum[/URL]. Just in case your main desire is just to have a Dark angel successor that doesn't just look the same as the Dark Angels.

I'm personally inclined against adding new successors to, well, any Legion except Ultramarines and Imperial Fists, on the basis that the Imperium is against creating successors from any of the divergent chapters to a greater or lesser degree, but I guess the DAs get a bye as the Imperium at large doesn't know just how divergent they actually are
    Last edited by Chris*ta; 09-26-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph

Chapter-Master

I did look at that, the problem is they all use different iconography, and i'm been lazy with this so just wanted to re-colour the DA models....

For Anyone interested this is a bloodwolf
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bloodwolf.jpg 
Views:	1017 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	2891

Nice!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I did look at that, the problem is they all use different iconography, and i'm been lazy with this so just wanted to re-colour the DA models....

For Anyone interested this is a bloodwolf
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bloodwolf.jpg 
Views:	1017 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	2891
    Cool marine!

2 quick questions:
    1) can you actually put a mk 6 helmet with the mk 8 breastplate. Fluff says no.
    2) what did you use to produce that picture. I want to steal it. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    2 quick questions:
    1) can you actually put a mk 6 helmet with the mk 8 breastplate. Fluff says no.
    2) what did you use to produce that picture. I want to steal it. Now.
    [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=pages&do=show&id=1"]It's a painting program available on Bolter and Chainsword.[/URL] It doesn't restrict sticking mk6 hat on mk8 chest, but I don't think doing that on a model would actually work :P

Chapter-Master

It is indeed that program, and I haven't tried, but general consensus seems to be they don't fit.

Chapter-Master

good colour scheme. almost no helmets fit in a mark eight chest, no chance at all of getting a corvus on top.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast