BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    It's all about Brutal Kunnin'.
    Right Ladz I got da perfekt kamoflarge...
    This is awesome. I've gone down the route of adding bits of Ork heads and limbs to bushes or crates but may have to steal this idea for my Kommando nob.

Occuli Imperator

The picture is from [url]http://kleinerzorn.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/disguised-kommando-or-tribute-to-the-most-epic-ork-unit-ever/[/url] in tribute to [url]http://www.wobblymodelsyndrome.com/[/url].

Also:
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's a stupid generalisation.
    It's a generalisation that I've seen some GW store staff buy into, though they were only isolated examples and I suspect the people involved had problems dealing with people regardless of their gender.

When I was at university, a bunch of us were really into Epic. My then girlfriend went into the GW store on Oxford Street in London to get more stuff for her Dark Angels and was told that she really should consider collecting Eldar because you could paint them in pretty colours. The guy assumed that what she must really want was a pink army...

More recently, a friend, who has a 40K Guard army and had gone to another store to buy more tanks, was told that compared to other 40K armies 'playing Eldar was a good way to get the female psyche accustomed to violence and tactics.' She just smiled and informed him she was a police officer and had spent the last few days in a team kicking in the doors of drug traffickers, clearing the place room-by-room and arresting everyone inside. The manager came over and apologised for his colleague at that point.

Again, just isolated examples and one which say more about the general social skills of those people.

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice one, thanks for the link. My Kommandoes look like a much rougher version of that Ork in the top right, only with a large lump of flock for its body.
    Last edited by JamesP; 09-28-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Occuli Imperator

If you do it right you can make a whole unit out of the bitz box
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Oh it's certainly widespread. It gets quite irritating, even when I do love eldar. I don't love them because I'm a girl though, anymore than someone who collects Marines loves them because they are a boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesP View Post
    It's a generalisation that I've seen some GW store staff buy into, though they were only isolated examples and I suspect the people involved had problems dealing with people regardless of their gender.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Oh it's certainly widespread. It gets quite irritating, even when I do love eldar. I don't love them because I'm a girl though, anymore than someone who collects Marines loves them because they are a boy.
    Sure you're not just in denial?

Yup, I actually think it has more to do with the same things I love about archaeology and art history, lost beauty, crumbling empires and elegant decay.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Yup, I actually think it has more to do with the same things I love about archaeology and art history, lost beauty, crumbling empires and elegant decay.

So a fan of English Heritage

Which is the exact same answer you'd give if you were in denial

Which is more likely? That each person likes what they like for a bunch of idiosyncratic reasons? Or that we can reduce half the human race to a simple "vagina=you like pretty colours" formula?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast