BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

"Dragon like construct" is a direct quote from Games Workshop.
    Last edited by Durendin; 09-30-2012 at 02:43 PM.

@ Durendin: Confused. I thought I was agreeing with you.

Did you mean to address that comment to Joe?

Go up to someone who has no interest in 40k and ask them if the Heldrake takes more of its design inspirations from the Hell Blade, Doomwing, a dragon or ZOIDs.

They'll say "Who are you? What are you talking about? Leave me alone!"
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

You forgot "Stranger danger! I need an adult!"

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Did you mean to address that comment to Joe?
    Yeah probably, I was most likely losing track of what I was saying to whom! I've gone back and edited for posterity!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Ahh ... how can I politely point out how dumb this is as a point?

Ask them if it looks like a flesh and blood dragon and they'll say no.

Also, who cares about the opinion of non-GW fans of GW models?
    You can't be polite about calling someone's comment "dumb" and as I see it its not. I think someone's opinion is as valid as the next. Duredin and I maybe agree it looks like a dragon, compare the shape of the head to the high elves dragon. I just have.

You obviously don't think it does, that's fine but don't be an *** and call my point of view dumb.

But to argue the toss, here's GWs descriptive.

Heldrakes are winged Daemon Engines that plummet out of the skies like living comets, hurtling towards enemy aircraft and crashing claws-first into them from above. A Heldrake takes cruel joy in diving down upon the unsuspecting air support of the enemy in order to shred them to pieces with its scything wings and rune-carved talons.

The Heldrake model is an enormous, dragon-like construct, a Chaos fusion of flesh, bone and metal. The model is sculpted as if soaring across the battlefield, and comes with numerous features: there are interlocking plates across the wings; a trail of cables from the rear of the model; as well as more subtle details such as wiring, rivets, spikes, and web of raised edging displayed across the metal plates. The Mark of Chaos can be discerned around the shoulder joints and on the wings.
    Last edited by Joe Fixit; 09-30-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    "It is better to die for the emperor than live for yourself."

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    Go up to someone who has no interest in 40k and ask them if the Heldrake takes more of its design inspirations from the Hell Blade, Doomwing, a dragon or ZOIDs.

They'll say "Who are you? What are you talking about? Leave me alone!"
    Not really, I have plenty of friends who don't play 40k but are always interested in my display cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fixit View Post
    Not really, I have plenty of friends who don't play 40k but are always interested in my display cabinet.
    Surely by definition that's not someone who has "no interest in 40k"? It's not much of an interest, but it's more than nothing. Anyway. Meaningless semantic argument. Sorry.

Personally I quite fancy taking the Heldrake's wings and sticking them onto a more mechanical, cockpit-style body. Maybe a modified Valkyrie?
    Last edited by miteyheroes; 09-30-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    Surely by definition that's not someone who has "no interest in 40k"? It's not much of an interest, but it's more than nothing.
    Oh please, no need to be pedantic, just get a larger circle of friends.

But I apologise as this adds nothing to the discussion, I think a points been made by GWs website description of the model in question, don't you think ?
    Last edited by Joe Fixit; 09-30-2012 at 03:49 PM.

It is a week away, who is even reading rumors at this point. Locals will have this in hand on Tuesday, I think I can wait two days.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast