BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This reminds me of that 15+ page thread about whether or not the Axe Mortalis is an Axe. :P

Does the precise wording of Ignore Cover not apply to vehicles? Yes! Is it bleedin' obvious that it should? Yes! Don't get that worried about the precise wording, it's just plastic space mans.

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Its games workshop rules, there are always going to be holes in the rules. Mostly they are easily fixable by logical reasoning. Like before it was FAQd, it wasn't stated if a grounded FMC Still needed 6s to hit it for shooting. But it is so obvious it actually hurts my brain with the idea that people would play it differently. Don't be afraid to use common sense.

Dang it Turner! You were using Ogryns again weren't you?
    Last edited by Kyban; 09-28-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Also instead of writing a post on an internet forum it would be more productive writing to GW.
    But then how will the whole world know how important an issue it is?

Either you're being silly here or you're just stupid... all templates have the ignores cover rule, and ignores cover means you can't take a cover save... I really don't understand what you're even doing with this

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Either you're being silly here or you're just stupid... all templates have the ignores cover rule, and ignores cover means you can't take a cover save... I really don't understand what you're even doing with this
    Please refer to my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    This reminds me of that 15+ page thread about whether or not the Axe Mortalis is an Axe. :P
    No, at least there there was an argument that could be made for The Axe is not an axe.

Here, here there's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    No, at least there there was an argument that could be made for The Axe is not an axe.

Here, here there's really not.
    Oh, yeah, I get that - I was undecided, but RAW was leaning towards "Unusual Power Weapon". Just the whole concept behind "Is this Axe an Axe?" seemed kinda funny :P

Whether or not "Ignores Cover" allows a weapon to Ignore Cover hits the same funny bone, for me.

I'm starting to feel like, after the ruling on the Axe Mortalis, if you have an issue with a rule, you ask "what is the result that GW would assume a 14 year old would take from this?" you end up with the right answer.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not

Brother-Sergeant

I'm still trying to get my head around why you think it was appropriate to take a cover save against a weapon that ignores cover.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast