BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Durendin View Post
    I'm still trying to get my head around why you think it was appropriate to take a cover save against a weapon that ignores cover.
    exactly, you do not get cover saves against flamers, there is no issue here.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Battle-Brother

Oops wrong thread
    Removed and reposted, the wonders of posting on forums with a smart phone
    Last edited by Joe Fixit; 09-30-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    "It is better to die for the emperor than live for yourself."

Brother-Captain

Why do people do things like this? The RAW police aren't going to kick down the door and arrest everyone if you do what a rule is obviously meant to do. Just say before all games/agree with the other player: 'We're doing the right thing and not taking cover saves on vehicles against things which ignore cover right?' If the rest of the group/other guy says no, then either find someone else or just make sure everyone plays it as such from the beginning.

Also what Houghten said: "Except that vehicles take cover saves against glancing and penetrating hits exactly like a non-vehicle model would do against a Wound. (page 75)"

Im so glad i don't go to the same place as the OP as id really have to resist the urge to slap him in the face with a trout. Good thing my local store doesn't have any players who are as anal about rules as the OP.

Flamers remove cover saves from units that are hit by them and just because it says wounds does NOT mean vehicles are ignored (i believe penetrating hits against walkers still count as wounds in 6th?).
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Im so glad i don't go to the same place as the OP as id really have to resist the urge to slap him in the face with a trout.
    exactly, if someone tried that on me I would take my hardback rulebook and beat them with it until they stopped moving.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234