BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default $45 closer to Dark Vengeance ( and alpha legion theory)

too bad local GW closed down before I could get back into 40k... i just want feed back on my plan...
    DV DA's = fallen....
    DV Chaos = chosen being alpha... everything else is whatever....
    old cadians from a friend... = alpha
    old marines = alpha/iron warriors

anyways the theory is that the true alpha legion is still untouched by chaos... for the most part... and are spread out amongst the imperium as chapters... the warp touched alpha legion that we see in video games and stuff are renegade marines that are operatives... who for some reason happen to be obedient to the true legion... the end

I think it's a great idea I love the idea that no-one knows the Alpha Legion's true motives any more, so you could play them as the odd marine influencing loyalist chapters for the benefit of Chaos, or as loyalists spread out within Chaos forces.

As to using the contents of Dark Vengeance, for a committed converter it's just a Chaos Space Marine army boxset. Especially with the legion upgrade packs, I reckon it would be a pretty simple matter to do and not too expensive on top of the initial box.

I had personally thought it'd be quite cool to do a CSM army with each element represented by a different Legion - not original, but cool nonetheless. Obviously the 4 God specific legions have their own, and then you've got Night Lords are Raptors, Iron Warriors are Devastators and Luna Wolves are Terminators. As for Word Bearers I think they'd probably be best as possessed to represent the Gal Vorbak, and then the Alpha Legion are the only one I am unsure on - maybe the cultists can be painted subtly in their colours, but you never see an Alpha marine...
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

I'm not clear on quite what you're suggesting -- not sure if it's because I was out all night yesterday though

Could you explain it a bit more deeply maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDesigner View Post
    As to using the contents of Dark Vengeance, for a committed converter it's just a Chaos Space Marine army boxset. Especially with the legion upgrade packs, I reckon it would be a pretty simple matter to do and not too expensive on top of the initial box.
    Remember that it is relatively difficult to do much converting on many of the DV minis -- the breaks between parts are not on the arms/waists/necks that most minis have -- they're more like the Space Hulk termies who tend to be broken into different parts at (what feel like) rather random places.

Luna Wolves are Terminators.
    Luna Wolves? Don't you mean Black Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Remember that it is relatively difficult to do much converting on many of the DV minis -- the breaks between parts are not on the arms/waists/necks that most minis have -- they're more like the Space Hulk termies who tend to be broken into different parts at (what feel like) rather random places.
    That's why I specified a committed converter... or one who should be committed...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Luna Wolves? Don't you mean Black Legion?
    Lol oh yeah, been reading too many Horus Heresy novels! Although maybe I should have said Sons of Horus in that case...

Also I'm assuming your first post was aimed at the OP
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Also I'm assuming your first post was aimed at the OP
    Yeah, damn simultaneous posting.

it is done... i ordered off of spikey bits saving a whopping $30 and im waiting for it... ordered to US but live in Canada... gunna pick it up when it arrives... plus US $ is weak right now...

does anyone have reviews for spikey bits? my dad was a bit sketch about it