BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    His wargear is carried accross... otherwise hed have no power armour or anything and it also doesnt say "replacing" as it does with upgrades that do actually remove your old wargear.
    really...?

ugh.

p. 136

Command Squad

Wargear

• Power armour
    • Chainsword
    • Frag and krak grenades
    • Boltgun or bolt pistol
    • Apothecary also has a narthecium

Note that the basic wargear for all members of the command squad, including the champ and the apothecary, are listed here.

when a vet becomes a champ he is equipped "...with a power weapon and combat shield." He doesn't lose his basic wargear. Also, that model is now called a Company Champion and thus does not have access to the Veteran Model Options.

If that isn't clear enough I pity the people you play with.

Chapter-Master

I'm in the school of thought that the co champion can't take any additional wargear in the rules as written. I think it's silly that the apothecary can't take any additional gear, and the fact that the HQ squad is not a retinue really blows. It does allow you to put your Captain elsewhere and allow the HQ squad to get down to business without him.

For me the company champion is a cheap upgrade at 15 points and is the most expendable member of the group.

Chaplain

First of all, no need to start with belittling comments like "I pity those you play with" thanks very much.

Second of all, what you said is exactly true, but the champion begins as a veteran so he could take equiptment before he gets upgraded. If you want a precedent about how the order can affect things look at the ork faq about changing equiptment in a boys mob. No where does it say what order things have to get done, so I think the arguement that its possible to swap his basic gear before being upgraded is perfectly valid.

Brother-Sergeant

The difference between this and the Ork Boy example is that all of the upgrades say that any ORK in the mob may take the upgrade (other than the one that states that a Boy may be upgraded to a Nob). Since Boys and Nobs are both orks, either one may take the upgrades.

If the Model Options said that any Space Marine or Any member of the Command Squad could replace blah blah blah then I'd agree, but it is very clear that only Veterans may take those options.

You can say your company Champ is a Veteran, but if that's the case he'd only have WS 4.

Chaplain

Logic is flawed a bit. In many entries it says "Any Space Marine" but these options do not apply to the "Space Marine Sergeant" ... who I would assume is a Space Marine. This is because there are other models in the squads simply labeled "Space Marines."

www.evildice40k.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12