BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by imperialpower View Post
    I have since had an apology anyway a cowards apology gained by him thinking I must have been out for blood for been cheated but that just proves how much winning must mean to some people granted I was annoyed on the day but I sure as hell wouldn't do anything more than refuse to play him in future some people must take gaming very seriously or I'm just a scary man
    Go with scary man, you would be surprised what an intense angry look in your eyes will do. I get the benefit of intense eyes and being a girl, so it creates this "I will kill you look" that scares the crap out of a lot of people when I am super pissed. Because apparently I have this "I will kill you in your sleep" look that people take seriously with me, which is weird because you should never take me seriously.

I understand the crap game, hell I remember running a combat patrol vs some sisters with my bugs. The person them-self wasn't necessarily the problem, it was the fact that I was getting WTF owned because my charge range through cover came up ONE INCH short. Like literally I would have destroyed him if not for that bloody one inch. It wasn't so much the loss that got to me, but that once that inch was failed, I didn't have a chance in hell.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

When I was a GW staffer, we had a guy (read as grown man with a family and not some PITA kid) who would play in our store with his Ork army and who would find ways to increase the points value of his army in new and interesting ways. He would fill out the army list and not pay for upgrades, or he would slip extra units in during deployment, that sort of thing. I tried to keep my eye out for it, but we had difficulty proving it. So we had another staff member's younger brother come in and play him with his Blood Angels army in a 1000 point game. During the game we quietly added up the points value of the Ork guy's army, and came up with around 1290 points just in models on the table and wargear/weapons that he used during the game. The Blood Angels player was actually just under 1000 if I remember correctly. After he got tabled by the Blood Angels, we handed him a list of his army at nearly 300 points over his opponent and told him if he was caught doing it again, we'd ask him not to come back to the store. To add insult to injury, the Blood Angels Rhinos had smiley faces painted on their hatches.

I can only imagine how many people had horrible gaming experiences against this guy before we nailed him. So when you catch someone cheating, remember that you aren't just calling them out for cheating you, you're also calling them out for cheating everyone else they've done it to.

Veteran-Sergeant

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    Go with scary man, you would be surprised what an intense angry look in your eyes will do. I get the benefit of intense eyes and being a girl, so it creates this "I will kill you look" that scares the crap out of a lot of people when I am super pissed. Because apparently I have this "I will kill you in your sleep" look that people take seriously with me, which is weird because you should never take me seriously.

Yea I have a bad habbit of having a sturn look all the time and been 6'4'' I loom over people too, not great when a girl smiles at you in a bar and you scowl back!

@magickbk trying to bend the rules a bit is bad but taking more than what you have paid for in points is quite pathetic I don't see how players can enjoy a victory if they know they have cheated but I do encounter the creative wargear tweek from a few players I know like having melta bombs all of a sudden when a tank is near by ect.
    Last edited by imperialpower; 10-05-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    When I was a GW staffer, we had a guy (read as grown man with a family and not some PITA kid) who would play in our store with his Ork army and who would find ways to increase the points value of his army in new and interesting ways. He would fill out the army list and not pay for upgrades, or he would slip extra units in during deployment, that sort of thing. I tried to keep my eye out for it, but we had difficulty proving it. So we had another staff member's younger brother come in and play him with his Blood Angels army in a 1000 point game. During the game we quietly added up the points value of the Ork guy's army, and came up with around 1290 points just in models on the table and wargear/weapons that he used during the game. The Blood Angels player was actually just under 1000 if I remember correctly. After he got tabled by the Blood Angels, we handed him a list of his army at nearly 300 points over his opponent and told him if he was caught doing it again, we'd ask him not to come back to the store. To add insult to injury, the Blood Angels Rhinos had smiley faces painted on their hatches.

I can only imagine how many people had horrible gaming experiences against this guy before we nailed him. So when you catch someone cheating, remember that you aren't just calling them out for cheating you, you're also calling them out for cheating everyone else they've done it to.
    Naw, you should let him continue to play there. Just make him wear a wood board on a rope around his neck with "CHEATER".
    After all, if you banhammer him, he'll take his cheatin' ways to another group who will have just as many games ruined before they figure it out.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12