BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Honesty Time: Your Weirdest Warhammer Habit

I'm curious to see how weird they get.

Personally, I often take models I'm stripping into the shower to scrub them. It stops paint flecks from permanently become part of the walls! I suppose the weird thing is that I do this while I am also showering.

It also leads to great conversations with my wife: "what took you so long?" "I was scrubbing my dreadnought..."

Luckily she knows what I'm talking about.

How about yours?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

OK...thats wierd

The first thing that springs to my mind is any tank that has 2 identical weapons (like my hornets with 2 Scatter lasers) i roll each of the guns at the same time, but with different coloured dice (4 green for one gun, 4 red for the other). I then make the guns compete against each other, to see which one performs better and keep a running tally in my head over how the guns on the left perform compared to the ones on the right

Edit - Also the left gun is usually better than the right one.
    Last edited by DrLove42; 10-02-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

running a blog.

it is pretty weird that people all over the world visit my website when they could do anything else. and read my little rants and look at my warhammers! like really go to some other site with better painting or something (not really my blog is the best) and adsence boggles me. i made 27p because someone clicked on a bit of my website ?!

-fuzz

p.s. also i like rolling dice and will often shoot lots of guys at 1 enemy unit: soely because i get to roll lots of dice.
    p.p.s. "i was scrubbing my dreadnought" i almost spilt my drink over my keyboard hahah
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

If after a game i feel my dice have failed me i tend to find inventive funerals for them. I know that at my parents place there are at least two lots of dice buried in the garden, one lot in the river at the bottom of the garden and another lot i put on a fire one bonfire night and gave them a proper funeral pyre! i don't like it when my dice don't side with me!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

I reckon my weirdest habit is probably my sculpting technique. Whenever I do any sculpting I use a pair of small screwdrivers, and to make sure the greenstuff doesn't stick to them instead of the model I lick them to keep them wet.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDesigner View Post
    I reckon my weirdest habit is probably my sculpting technique. Whenever I do any sculpting I use a pair of small screwdrivers, and to make sure the greenstuff doesn't stick to them instead of the model I lick them to keep them wet.
    That's probably a bad idea. I'm pretty sure greenstuff isn't good for you. Personally, I use a jar of vaseline.

Yeah, I know... scrubbing my dreadnought, jar of vaseline...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

brushlicking ftw.

and yes i lick my fingers when sculpting with GW.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    brushlicking ftw.

and yes i lick my fingers when sculpting with GW.
    Awesome, glad I'm not the only one This is a very therapeutic thread, I feel like we're sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    That's probably a bad idea. I'm pretty sure greenstuff isn't good for you. Personally, I use a jar of vaseline.
    Probably. But I just can't be bothered to get a pot of water most of the time. I don't smoke or anything like that so I reckon I can take it
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Iron Father

You know when you concentrate on something you sometimes find yourself holding your breath, well when I am painting and concentrating really hard I hold my breath, but then don't start breathing again until my mrs shouts "JOE YOU STOP BREATHING AGAIN"

Not passed out yet though.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Scout

This is a great thread! I'm glad I'm not the only one who licks my brushes when water is right next to my hand.

I don't think this is my weirdest habit, but whenever my friend and I are watching movies (mostly war movies and action movies) we will take the characters that we favor and give them practical statlines and special rules, and have theoretical discussions of who would emerge as a victor if it would be a tabletop battle.

Also, a very common thing to hear when watching a movie with us is ,"You know what would make this movie a lot better?.....a squad of terminators."

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast