BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Chapter-Master

Well you could do that under second edition i think, it was just stupidly expensive pointwise

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Ah crap, where to begin?

Yep I ick my brush after I have cleaned it.
    I do assume character voices usually when issuing challenges.
    I fire up Ride of the Valkyries on the iPad when a flyer enters play.
    I never let anyone use my dice.
    I beseech the Blood God for good saving throw dice rolls. (Got some odd looks at a tournament where I was fielding my Sisters of Battle army).
    I name my Exarchs, Superiors, Sergeants.
    I always work from the base up on my models.
    My mate and I, when we are both in the office for Meetings etc, play real life 40k CC battles against the rest of the staff that are in with the handy Dice App on the iPad.
    If I haven't assembled a model in a week or so I start to get withdrawal symptoms...

Am sure there are many more besides...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iyandagar View Post
    If I haven't assembled a model in a week or so I start to get withdrawal symptoms...
    I totally get this, too. I can tell if it's been too long because my wife gets on me to get back to work on my projects. Apparently I get hard to deal with...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I totally get this, too. I can tell if it's been too long because my wife gets on me to get back to work on my projects. Apparently I get hard to deal with...
    I do get tetchy if I'm in a hobby mood but can't get started. My ideas and expectations far exceed my actual skill which usually frustrates me. But I know when I'm in the right mood to be able to get something done, and I don't want to do something half-arsed.

Oh, another weird thing, when I get a new plastic kit I will spend a good half hour just examining the pieces before I even consider clipping them off and getting started, usually I won't actually assemble something until I've slept on it and really gone over all the options and possibilities.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    So you're the reason sea turtles have started playing craps!

hope they're enjoying them more than I ever did.

Chapter-Master

I just realized that I - the starter of the thread! - forgot to mention my weirdest habits.

Sometimes, when I'm going off to do something really hard, like the first day back with kids at school, or going home to face my (completely freaking insane) family, I'll bring a model with me. Tau drones are common, but one I brought a space marine librarian. I feel like they're cheering me on. Honestly, it's also pretty cool to think of the challenges facing my students as being as simple as killing the enemies of the Empire/Imperium. I will smash the achievement gap, for the Emperor!

My wife (a therapist for kids in foster care) has started taking a shield drone that I've modified to survive her purse wit her when she sees really hard clients. That way she has a 4+ save against picking up their trauma.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Initiate

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who licks my brushes when water is right next to my hand"

I'm definitely guilty of licking my brushes.... I want to say that I've invented a style of painting called "spit blending" (gross i know...).

Instead of using two wet paints simultaneously, I'll paint my base, edge the highlight and then just fade it in. It's disgusting but it works!

It's not uncommon for my wife to remind me that she won’t kiss me until I get all the paint off my lips.

I also use my thumb as a mini palate. It's not uncommon after a few hours of painting for me to just peel it off.

I too laughed pretty hard at the "scrubbing my dreadnaught" comment above.

Cheers!

Chapter-Master

What happens between a gamer and their dreadnought in the bathroom, stays in the bathroom...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

i should probably have mentioned sooner that i am the proud owner of a gaming poncho that comes out on special occassions.
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    What happens between a gamer and their dreadnought in the bathroom, stays in the bathroom...
    Normally yes but you bring it out and yell "IT WAS GOOD FOR ME".....

*cough*

On topic however i would say my oddest habit is i like to talk with people well gaming since i am pretty laid back normally and don't really carry if my opponent go's an extra mm when moving or something (Yes i have had people measure my movement because they thought it was over by 1 or 2 mm...and that was on a Godhammer land raider...) However locally if you talk to another person well your opponent moves there horde of 120 orks or Tyranid spawns of death which takes forever people tend to get angry......SO i adopted the Practice of simply spamming str 10 templates to end games faster......that didn't work ether and every now calls me cheesy.....
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678