BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default What do you do when you're broke?

Yep. The bank, and unknown chancers have just bummed me horribly.

Some scrotes have been using my address to attempt credit fraud, meaning my flat is now black listed.

This has prompted my bank to withdraw my overdraft facility, which I really cannot afford right now. So I now have to move out my flat, as I don't fancy being black listed due to an address...

Anyways, thanks to my brother financial woes are about to be sorted. However, it does mean I have sod all money this month, and likely until the new year.

On the bright side, this does of course mean many nights and weekends at home. And I figure what better way to pass the time than watching my Dr Who VHS collection. This extends from the first Pertwee story (Spearhead from Space) all the way, unbroken, to Sylvester 'massively under rated' McCoy's last outing in Survival. Plus no doubt building my fledgling Emperor's Children. Possibly even painting them!

So what do you do when the pennies are tight?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Woah! Man! That's terrible!

Can I help in any way?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Nah. All ticketyboo.

Friend has her own flat and a spare room so moving in there. £2,000 loan from brother, to be paid back in a matter of weeks (no rent, so that's £450 a month off it, plus no other outgoings next month means I can cough up £550 from wages on top, plus return of the £675 deposit on flat leaves, after just the first month, a meage £325 to come out of Novembers pay packet.

Bung my stuff in storage (at least what I won't have room for at my friends) in the short term. Oddly, this leaves me in a stronger financial positions, as after rent to friend and my season ticket, I'll have just over £700 disposable. Save for a couple of months, boom straight into a new deposit, and look to move up London once me season ticket has run out. Nice and straight forward! Just need the £2k from my bro to make it possible, so I can pay off my debts and move off clean and spangly.

Getting sick of having to contact various lenders and explain it's not me, it's someone else, please block all future attempts from my address. What worries me are the successful applications against my address. I'll likely never find out about them. On the bright side, none of them seem to be trying to impersonate me!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I... I don't quite know what to say...

I'm glad you've got something in place, I don't know what I would do in that situation.

Thankfully I'm above blind panic.

Manic planning however, that's what I do! It's not that I'm being kicked out my pad, it's just in order to pay my bro back and get out of this particular credit blackspot I need to bail out. Debts are nothing massive, but I do like to be paid up before I nick off, in case a company writes to my old address and gets heavy (had that happend once before!).

Merely a matter of cash flow, steadying the keel and continuing to sail into the horizon!

Yeah, but I'm 20 and have no way near the amount of money that you do!

Or contacts for that matter.

Veteran-Sergeant

What do I do when I'm broke? Same thing I do all the time. It's a rare day indeed I have money.
    I ALONE SHALL BEAR THE CAKE.

Chapter-Master

Sorry to hear about your misfortune - that sucks.

Money's pretty much perpetually tight for me - though not as bad as you! - because I'm a middle school teacher. I hear things are better in Europe, but in America we get paid f^ck-all.

Personally, I do a lot of kit-bashing. I stretch every piece of plastic about as far as I can, and my floor is littered with completely unrecognizable bits. Just yesterday I made a man-portable heavy bolter out of a predator's heavy bolter sponson. The day before I made a dreadnought flamer, multi-melta, autocannon, and heavy bolter, all out of other assorted bits.

And then you have my entire Blood Ravens force, all made out of leftover Blood Angels bits. I explain the occasional bit of visible Blood Angels iconography with the fact that Blood Ravens like to jack sh*t from other chapters and organizations.

Actually, it's a lot of fun.

EDIT: Ah, this was in the Oubliette, not one of the wargames forums. Oops. Please ignore my foolish game-focused advice and center on my condolences. That's the important part.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Oh Electric Paladin.

Thread isn't meant to be about my temporary woes! It's about how to entertain oneself on a budget.

Monsieur Paladin, on account I typically just bin my bitz (sinful I know!) if you like I can chuck my odds and sods your way periodically?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast