BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Top power weapon?

Afternoon!

So we've all got a decent bit of experience of 6th, and as I build my Cataphractii, I do wonder whether people are seeing variation in the kinds of power weapon out there.

And as a side, how much has this changed your games?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

I see a lot of Axes and Mauls. The Strength buffs are both nice,
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Chapter-Master

Reading my chaos codex and seeing for my own eyes that Gorechild is back to hitting at initiative and at AP2 to boot, this is bringing Kharn out of his retirement between now and the rubbish faq that made it unwieldy for a bit at the start of 6th...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Daemon-Prince

Power Scythe....So damn good

Chapter-Master

For the generic power weapon, it really depends on the model that carries it.
    A power sword is great for a Berzerker champion, but it is much less useful for a Plague Champion, for example.
    As far as codex-specific power weapons, the Warscythe wins hands down IMO. When looking at its points cost and looking at other weapons, you can see why, but at the same time, you also consider the model that is carrying it. At that point, you realize you are getting a much better power fist for cheaper.
    As for named characters, my answer is Gorechild.

Necron Warscythes IMO are the best power weapons in the game currently. Problably a little biased here but, what can I say.

Personally, I love the way Power Mauls look on Chaos Terminators.

As for how it has changed my game experience? Not at all really. At IN 2, most of my boys still hit last

Occuli Imperator

Tycho's Deadman's hand, though technically not a power weapon it just ignores armour saves...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Battle-Brother

Powersword though dull is my choice.
    Hitting first (before they hit you) tends to be more important than hitting hard.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmonkey0 View Post
    Powersword though dull is my choice.
    Hitting first (before they hit you) tends to be more important than hitting hard.
    Especially on a Chaos marine with the mark of slaanesh. Ouch.

Interesting. And when it comes to those elite squads with the option, are your seeing a variety, or a single type dominating?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast