BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: spikey bits

Default spikey bits

just ordered dv... can i get any reviews for spikey bits?

Chapter-Master

By spiky bits do you mean the Chaos Space Marine models in Dark Vengeance? Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

The Chaos Space Marine models are amongst the best Games Workshop have released in a boxed set.

Chapter-Master

Spikey Bits is a website, a combination blog and webstore.

I've never bought new products from Spikey Bits, but his eBay store is accurate, prompt, and reasonably priced.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Ah, my bad. Sorry!

ye i mean the website, sorry for the misdirection

Spikeybits is the best. Ya you can't really order finecast, but for everything else its awsome. Especially if you like to order bits and other things from different companies. Use to have to order all my gw stuff from one guy, and any maxmini, vallejo or what nots from some where else. for the most part you can find it all at spikeybits. my only complaint is once i ordered about 12+ paints from them at once, and they layered the heck out of them in packaging tape. Im guessing this is to make sure they dont burst open, but it ripped the labels off most of my vallejo stuff, and when they were taping one of my washes i think they ripped too hard and tore the pot open a little. the 'tape job' contained most of the spillage, but there were dabs of wash on a few other things. But this was only once (usually they put paints in little bagies) and over all i've never had any other problems in the 10 or so times i've ordered from spikey bits

thumbs up for spikey bits !!!!

Never had any trouble with them

thanks everyone, my dad was a little sketch about the site, but the inflation on prices in canada is insane... normally $120 for dv... but i got mine for $85 including shipping... CANADIAN PROBLEMS

Veteran-Sergeant

Solid service and very responsive to e-mail questions. Sometimes their bits prices are a little out of line for highly desirable bits so unless you're ordering a bunch of stuff, its worthwhile to shop around before pulling the trigger on a single expensive bit.

You can order Finecast from them at the 20% discount, it just requires a phone call to their store.