BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Marijuana? Oh how perfectly rebellious of you.

Yep. Bored to tears of those obsessed with ganja and ting.

I've tried it, and it didn't do much for me. Chilled a bit, and then Nowt. Woo. What a wonder drug!

And yet it seems all over Facebook many just keep on gibbering about it, as if they're the only one with the balls to use it. And don't get me started on those banging on about hemp. The hemp plant is to marijuana as a domestic cat is to a Lion. Same genus, but different strain. Hemp in particular has a much lower thc count...

Medical uses aside, I just don't see the big Woop about it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

You describe my reaction to alcohol and bacon.

Just don't get any of them, never have, yet people go on like they're the greatest things on Earth. Which they probably are for those people, just not for me. Same for things like romantic comedies, Top Gear, Stewart Lee, Will Ferrell movies, Black Library books, the Beatles, Iron Maiden, early thrash-era Metallica... all these things I'm supposed to like but ultimately feel nothing for. Nothing. I've been involved in massive debates/arguments with friends over how I'm "wrong" for lumping all these things in together along with New Kids on The Block, Clarks shoes, plastic carrier bags and every other thing I have no emotional response to (aside from mild distaste), but no-one has ever been able to convince me to care because you can't force someone to have the "right" emotional reaction to things. They either feel it, or they don't.

YMMV on everything I suppose. Give me a cup of tea and a Neil Gaiman comic any day.
    Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 10-07-2012 at 07:06 AM.

The difference is bacon doesn't [URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9426205/Cannabis-smoking-permanently-lowers-IQ.html"]permanently damage your intelligence[/URL]. Alcohol can of course but not to the same extent.

I think the stuff should just be legalised to take the illicit gloss off it (because prohibition is always so successful) and then all 'cool' kids will stop taking it and just leave it to the idiots and those in chronic pain.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Adeptus Custodes

Never tried the stuff myself but I've defended people for growing it. I was more in favour of legalising it till a friend spend six weeks in the mental hospital because of it. (He used A LOT)

I'm fond of the odd pint but I'd probably give da 'erb a shot if it was legal. It's legality rather than damage that's my main concern.

I rather like bacon but sadly it's gone the way of things that are alright then being somewhat ruined by LOLZ INTERNET RANDUM over use- like monty python- an alright show with a few decent movies that have been ruined by over use. It is a bit different I accept as it's a food product and not a show, but it's up there with ninjas and pictures of cats.
    More Necromunda please.

Doesn't help when most regular users I know personally tend towards the 'dribbling knob jockey' end of the spectrum. Though it is hard to tell if they were morons before they started using.

I just don't get it. A few drinks with your mates on a Friday night? Awesome. All the more as an Ale drinker as they have genuinely different tastes. But weed? How horribly anti social. Get monged, and just sit around mashed out your skull? No ta. I prefer witty banter, even when we hit the level of being paralytically incorrect! Though it's not much fun if you're the only sober one.

Still. On the bright side, I've been reading hard drug use is falling dramatically amongst the yoof. Just need them to realise illicit drugs are lame overall.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I personally wouldnt smoke it as I think it would probably make my anxiety worse, but I've no problem with those that do. I hear you on the "dribbling knob jockey" types though - but the folk i know that are more moderate with it seem to be just fine. Ironic you say it's anti-social and no fun if your the sober one - given the timse iv hung out with people smoking it I ended up having some pretty interesting conversations with them so maybe it was just the wrong people? then again, the guys i know that do it tend to keep it fairly private as well, most my mates are fellow electronic music producers so that would be the conversation topics normally. I think people with chronic illnesses/pains should be legally allowed to grow it - especially if it is something life-threatening like cancer, then anything that helps them take away some of that pain should be acceptable in my eyes.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    You describe my reaction to alcohol and bacon, Top Gear, Black Library books, Iron Maiden, early thrash-era Metallica...
    Give me a cup of tea and a Neil Gaiman comic any day.
    Malton You're entitled to your opinion, it's wrong but you're entitled to hold it
    I'm with you on the beetles though massively overrated...and while Neil Gaimen's good, I just can't justify cost/time ratio on any graphic novel/comic/manga etc

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

I think the stuff should just be legalised to take the illicit gloss off it (because prohibition is always so successful) and then all 'cool' kids will stop taking it and just leave it to the idiots and those in chronic pain.
    Plus then we can tax it, rather than just pay for drugs raids etc...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

while Neil Gaimen's good, I just can't justify cost/time ratio on any graphic novel/comic/manga etc
    Psychosplodge

You're entitled to your opinion, it's wrong but you're entitled to hold it

You should at least give "Sandman: Season of Mists" a try. It's the one where Satan quits being in charge of hell. Only book that ever changed my life.

I totally agree with making it seem uncool. Smoking weed should be the province of foul beardy men in open-toed sandals who sit around discussing Sartre (despite never having read it).

In all honesty, the only issue I have with weed is the fact it's 4x more likely to give you cancer than regular cigarettes. Well, that and the fact that unless you know the guy growing it, you're probably giving your money to some utterly reprehensible human scum.

I was reading a story about cocaine smugglers in South America. The brutality has gotten so bad between gangs, so normalised, that torture is now a hobby. There was a story about a man suspected of being an informant; they tied him up, cut his face off, stitched it to a football (soccer ball), and used it to play a game in front of him while he died.

Horrible.

I wouldn't want any of my money going to these beasts.
    Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 10-07-2012 at 11:13 AM.

did use the plant serveral years ago on a daily basis and liked it. then when my first kid came i quit the stuff. Just recently i had a really bad molar and no booze around so the mrs suggested to me to smoke one for pain relief. I have to tell you i really got sick ... guess i outgrew the plant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The difference is bacon doesn't [URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9426205/Cannabis-smoking-permanently-lowers-IQ.html"]permanently damage your intelligence[/URL]. Alcohol can of course but not to the same extent.
    [url]http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/intelligence-and-the-brain/201009/the-confusing-concept-iq[/url]

"IQ is only stable because of how IQ represents differences in intelligence across people - it is not a direct measure of how people perform on an intelligence test, but a comparison with other people of the same age."

If I was included in that study, I probably would have thrown that study for a loop seeing as my IQ was measured in the 130's. And yet, when I was stoned, I was able to play [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJbMqFbcqQ4]one of the most complicated games ever made for the PC[/url] while giggling at the chaotic dance happening around me with george carlin playing in the background.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 10-07-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast