BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    That's exactly the way to do it. Then they know if they're getting pure MDMA not rat poison and baking soda masquerading as ecstasy etc...
    Also it already costs us money anyway, so that way it should cost us less...
    Slightly offtopic, how stupid is [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19866191"]this[/URL]?
    I don't think many people could handle pure MDNA these days.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Probably not, but there's got to be sense in providing accurate taxable product of known origin

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Exactly, if you can tax it and legalise it then you then significantly decrease it's value as instead of being brought clandestine into the country or produced here you can then open it up to huge commerical practises which will lower its price. By doing so the street dealers will be out of a job and the "necessity" for crime to pay for the habbit lessens.
    This reminds me of [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bradford-west-yorkshire-12169711"]this[/URL]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

But.....could the price be set at a level which generates a high amount of tax, whilst still being lower than the criminal gangs can peddle it?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Certainly, also, if it was totally government controlled then you could have it such that the entire profit would be in the general tax pot.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Has there even a 'study' or some such into a predicted impact on overall crime rates of a proposed legalisation?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

I don't know, I shall ask a woman who might know, she works for a drug and alchol action team...

I think the tought would be that as it was legal it would loose it's appeal and users would move on to something more elicit

Chapter-Master

Even if you have criminal sources post legalisation, you'd still be receiving more tax revenue than you are now, and you wouldn't be wasting time and money pursing users through courts for possession.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

1. Legalise the ganja.
    2. Tax it.
    3. Set those nasty Revenue and Customs on those who try and avoid the taxed stuff.
    4. Use the tax money to by weapons.
    5. Use the weapons in a war to reclaim our crown territories in France.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Well you have issues with things like the CPS wish not to tackle things. New Yorks blitz on crime was mainly attributable to concentrating policing on small petty things like graffiti and vandalism, and by stopping them major crime decreased.
    Certainly, how are you ever going to change behaviour if you do not enforce it. There is a direct co-relation between speeding and motor related deaths, jumping lights but rather than push through more of the irritating and potential life saving cameras they stop supporting them because it is not popular.
    It is still technically illegal to have sex under the age of 15, when was the last time that we saw any 15 year olds or younger be prosecuted by the CPS?
    Look at dog fouling, when was the last time you saw someone prosecuted.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast