BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Imperial Guard Medipack Question

So i've just started playing again and I have been playing a foot slogging Space Wolves army and it has done well so far. I am kind of thinking about adding 600 or so points of imperial guard all on foot to my army to boost it up to 2000 point games. I was thinking about adding this to my wolves army

Company Command Squad (1 Company Commander, 4 Veterans – Power Axe, Autocannon, Medipack) – 100 (Attached to Troop Platoon)
    (All Guardsman are combined into one Platoon)
    Platoon Command Squad (1 Platoon Commander, 4 Guardsman – Power Axe, Autocannon) – 50
    Infantry Squad (1 Sergeant, 9 Guardsman – Power Axe, Autocannon) – 70

Now my question is the platoon becomes one big blob and when I attach the Company Command Squad to it does the medipack (feel no pain) apply to the entire Platoon or is it still confined to the Company Command Squad since it is wargear bought before the units are joined?

Thanks

Nvm found out why it doesnt work

What I've been running with my IG blob is a Lord Commisar with a Camo Cloak - Gives the blob LD10 and Stubborn, and the cloak gives stealth to the entire blob

Chaplain

Page 3 of the FAQ changes camo cloaks from granting Stealth to simply granting +1 to cover save, so your Lord Commissar can't give Stealth to a blob squad.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Librarian

You cannot attach the command squad, only combine infantry squads.

If your Commissar Lord has a Camo cloak and joins a squad he gives them +1 to their cover save or a 6+ cover save in the open by nature of the Stealth special rule. Only 1 member of squad needs to have USR for entire unit to benefit.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Librarian

My bad, wrong in what i said although FAQ is wrong in its grammar.

IG FAQ - Page 71 – Other Equipment, Camo Cloaks
    Replace the second sentence with “A model wearing a camo
    cloak adds +1 to its cover save”.

IG codex - Page 71 – Other Equipment, Camo Cloaks
    Second sentence - Cameleoline automatically blends in with the surrounding terrain making the wearer much harder to spot.

Second Paragraph, first sentence - A model wearing a camo cloak has the stealth USR.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    My bad, wrong in what i said although FAQ is wrong in its grammar.

IG FAQ - Page 71 – Other Equipment, Camo Cloaks
    Replace the second sentence with “A model wearing a camo
    cloak adds +1 to its cover save”.

IG codex - Page 71 – Other Equipment, Camo Cloaks
    Second sentence - Cameleoline automatically blends in with the surrounding terrain making the wearer much harder to spot.

Second Paragraph, first sentence - A model wearing a camo cloak has the stealth USR.
    Yes GW proof reading is as good as ever, but id have pointed that out to you if you tried it on me when we practice at warhammer world lol

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by dannyat2460 View Post
    Yes GW proof reading is as good as ever, but id have pointed that out to you if you tried it on me when we practice at warhammer world lol
    I'm not using a Commissar Lord anyway.