BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default Multiple epic shots..

An interesting situation came up in our local GW a week ago. It was a tournament and a kid had legolas and Haldir in the same unit and Gandalf nearby. He fired 7 epic shots at a unit of knights with aragorn in. Destroyed them all. Has anyone found a rule to stop this? It's awesome, I just want to make sure I'm not cheating!

Seems entirely (and unpleasantly) legal according to the rules.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    Seems entirely (and unpleasantly) legal according to the rules.
    I have to agree. That seems very....well....over the top. For one unit to get forth that many shots in a turn shouldn't happen. It takes fun out of the game, reduces the "Immersion effect" and defies logic. I will know of this, and use it not. As any keeper of the fun should too.

Walrus Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Knight Of Rhun View Post
    I have to agree. That seems very....well....over the top. For one unit to get forth that many shots in a turn shouldn't happen. It takes fun out of the game, reduces the "Immersion effect" and defies logic. I will know of this, and use it not. As any keeper of the fun should too.
    Its legal, We've actually been talking about this fora while now, though I haven't seen anyone take some with Epic Shot in a while. The key here to remember is that while it is awesomely powerful he does have to use might to do this, so while it is limited in use.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by iamaddj View Post
    Its legal, We've actually been talking about this fora while now, though I haven't seen anyone take some with Epic Shot in a while. The key here to remember is that while it is awesomely powerful he does have to use might to do this, so while it is limited in use.
    No, I know its legal. It doesn't make sense. Its stupid, no unit could get away that many shots.

Walrus Lord

Magic?

Scout

Default Multiple epic shots

43 wounds with some of them in his chest would indicate all shots were not while he was lying down. and the witness said he was lying on top of his rifle sounds more like he fell on it.

The take-home lesson here (aside from the bit from iamaddj, which was actually pretty interesting) is that WotR is not well balanced at all. Though it has some interesting and clever mechanics, it's basically a travesty of game design that should never be taken seriously.

It's fun, but if the notion of fairness even really comes up in your mind while playing, you're going to be disappointed--and you're probably approaching it wrong. This game is not fair. It is almost ludicrously broken.

Just remember: thanks to a tragic failure to write rules properly, Exiccate is just about the most powerful thing in the game. It does a d6 hits per company in a formation. Sure, they're strength 1, but since strength is only used when rolling to hit and Exiccate generates hits rather than attacks, their low strength is actually entirely irrelevant.

Exiccate--a 2+ focus spell--kills almost half of whatever formation it targets.

Congratulations Games Workshop for being utterly incompetent when it comes to rules.
    Last edited by Bean; 05-02-2010 at 12:09 AM.