BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Rhellion View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say the new armies in the box would be Empire and Vampire Counts.
    I cant see undead being in the starter set.

The staring races should teach new players the fundementals of the game i.e. charge,hit stuff get beat, run away.

Armies like undead dont follow this system.

The box set armies should teach the rule before we learn to exploit them

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcrana View Post
    For example I have the list for the top 200 selling gw products.
    Any other information, great and honourable Yhcrana?

Brother-Sergeant

I´d like to know that were the lizardmen a "bad" army when the first starter set acame out as i myself can´t think of either the high elves or the lizardmen being a "bad" army these days, so the starter set doesn´t nececerily have to have an bad and an good army( altrough i think it will). The second thing i have to say is that maybe the`ill put an army with an pretty old codex into the starter set. Look at the previous starter sets for example: space marines mere immediately redone after AOBR and orcs & goblins were redone immideately after the battle for skull pass. Plus, werent nids redone after the battle for Macragge starter set? So wit these things in mind i think theill put in Bretonnia rather than empire( plus some not-so-old army) or empire and maybe tomb kings?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    I think it is entirely probably that a new version is in the works, but unless they fix fear and Immmune to psych they won't save the game.
    What in your opion is wrong with Fear and Immune to Psych?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    Any other information, great and honourable Yhcrana?
    I can sum that List up Space Marine, Chaos Space Marines those 2 are 50% of all GW sales

So you're saying chaos space marines are 30% of GWs total sales?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    I can sum that List up Space Marine, Chaos Space Marines those 2 are 50% of all GW sales

I hope the 2 armies they use in the new starter box is High Elves versus Dark Elves. This might be a default way to get new Dark and High Elf warriors, which right now both look terrible. And also another way to get a plastic Reaper Bolt Thrower, which is currently a big chunk of metal.

If they did High Elves versus Dark Elves i'd say that the contents, based on the Battle for Skull Pass box would be:

• Mini Rule Book
    • Small gamers guide
    • Few peices of terrain (Probably High Elf styled)
    • A few characters, maybe Sorceress, Mage and Combat heroes
    • 20 High Elf Spearman
    • 10 High Elf Bowman
    • 20 Dark Elf Warriors
    • 10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowman
    • 2 Warmachines (Bolt Throwers)

Any who thats just my wish list because i want new Dark Elf Warrior models and another Sorceress model.

Another option could be Dark Elves versus Lizardmen.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    What in your opion is wrong with Fear and Immune to Psych?

Thanks
    Daemons and VC have the game stacked very far in their favor. The only rules which are core rules that can be fixed are fear and immune to psych. Autobreak (insane courage) need to just go bye-bye.
    Beyond that fact that most of the newer books immune to psych is almost everywhere.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by GPrime View Post
    I cant see undead being in the starter set.

The staring races should teach new players the fundementals of the game i.e. charge,hit stuff get beat, run away.

Armies like undead dont follow this system.

The box set armies should teach the rule before we learn to exploit them
    ok i agree about the vampires but tomb kings arent exactly your typical run-of-the-mill raise-your-guys-back-up
    army.

Quote Originally Posted by icecube View Post
    I´d like to know that were the lizardmen a "bad" army when the first starter set acame out as i myself can´t think of either the high elves or the lizardmen being a "bad" army these days, so the starter set doesn´t nececerily have to have an bad and an good army( altrough i think it will). The second thing i have to say is that maybe the`ill put an army with an pretty old codex into the starter set. Look at the previous starter sets for example: space marines mere immediately redone after AOBR and orcs & goblins were redone immideately after the battle for skull pass. Plus, werent nids redone after the battle for Macragge starter set? So wit these things in mind i think theill put in Bretonnia rather than empire( plus some not-so-old army) or empire and maybe tomb kings?
    skaven instead of empire or brettonia, brettonia arent exactly a great starter army.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast