BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age 3

Default Dragon Age 3

We seem to be getting a little bit of actual information about Dragon Age III:
    "The great nation of Orlais, the most powerful empire in Dragon Age, tears itself apart in civil war," reads a summary posted on NeoGAF. "The stout men and women of Ferelden struggle to recover and reclaim their nation from the horde of vile Darkspawn that lay waste [sic] to its lands a decade ago.

"The Chantry, the once-unified faith of the Dragon Age world stands divided. The Templar order has broken away, claiming the church has become too lax in policing the dangerous powers o the mages. The Mage circles have rebelled, believing the Templars have become too strict, too zealous in their duties, and too quick to slaughter those who step out of line.

"The world of Dragon Age is one on the brink of collapse, and when a desperate gathering in the name of peace becomes the epicentre of a magical blast that decimates the Chantry's leadership, it becomes clear that someone or something is manipulating events to drive the world into chaos.

"From the ashes of that explosion, something new rises: The Inquisition. As the Inquisitor, it falls to you to build up your power and martial your forces, uncover secrets and build connections across the world. You must explore forgotten spaces, uncover ancient mysteries and uproot those who would destroy the fabric of the world."
    Translated form German apparently, from [URL="http://www.oxm.co.uk/45014/dragon-age-3-stars-an-inquisitor-has-co-op-and-political-meta-game-according-to-surveys/"]here[/URL].

There is also this:

I'm rather excited.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Looks interesting, I'll have to go back and finish the second one...and my current play-through of the first...

Chapter-Master

Meh. Picked up the first a year after it came out, never finished it, never cared to go back to it

Didn't touch the 2nd. Short of amazing across the board reviews, a complete overhaul of system and a good demo I won't bother with this either
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Well if it's a dumbed down as much as the last one they'll have turned it into a series of quick time events...

Also don't female dwarfs have beards?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Also don't female dwarfs have beards?
    I was just thinking that; along with the observation that men seem to have perfected trousers whereas women seem unable to dress...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I was just thinking that; along with the observation that men seem to have perfected trousers whereas women seem unable to dress...
    I don't know think I've seen the Human females outfit in real life before, maybe they're all accurate portrayals of pyjamas?

Occuli Imperator

Dargon Age 3: The Frat-House Pyjama Party Edition...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Dwarf women in Dragon Age never had beards. BW have said they have learnt from the mistakes of DA2, and I believe them the. The story DLC Legacy and Mark of the Assassin were both absolutely wonderful in my opinion.

It is also using the Battlefield 3 engine.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

They also said that there was "real choice" in mass effect 3, and the battlefield engine has been slammed for singleplayer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Really enjoyed the first dragon age and then was seriously let down by the other offerings that pained me to complete, hopefully this next one will be as good as the first even if it is the Frat-house pyjama edition.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast