BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age 3

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's ftw. Trying to resist starting a new campaign myself, I'm already distracted enough from my FalloutNV campaign with Sins of a Solar Empire and a new Skyrim playthrough.
    I think you miss understand me, I have not completed it yet.

I had one character that got to red cliffe but couldn't do the boss fight so I had to start over.

I now have a mage that is somewhere in the dwarf stronghold.

NV is always tempting me, have you tried any of these modds: [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/02/25-best-fallout-new-vegas-mods/[/url]
    or Project Brazil?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Hm that's odd, I never noticed DLC gear disappearing.

@Wolfshade no I got it. Just saying I'm trying to stop myself starting my 10th or something campaign, its a brilliant game. Red Cliff is a pain, I always do the Mages first to get Wynne for leet healing skillz.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I played it on PS3 so couldn't swear as to the PC settings, but it is true on consoles, any equipment you had as a piece of dlc, and I had a badass two handed sword from superman's parents, and full plate armour, for wahtever reason did not work in the big story dlc. So I had to reload my main game, swap my awesome gear for something slightly less awesome, save, and restart the dlc with the newer save file so I had armour and weapons.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Aw, that's horrid, I loved that sword on my Warden.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

it was pretty funny though. I had no idea what the issue was initially, so I was playing the intro to warden's keep in my underwear. the character that is, not me personally. honest. the other character is explaining the issues with the fort and the dark spawn and my character is there nodding and looking serious and I am thinking 'where are your clothes woman?! Surely this isn't supposed to be like this? how is that guy keeping a straight face?' anything from the main game was fine, anything you pick up in the stone prisoner, return to ostagar etc. didn't carry over. don't know why, you wouldn't think a few tiny bits of data were hard to copy over.

Chapter-Master

Watched the trailer. Anyone getting a ME3 vibe (end of the world, factions must unite etc in Part 3 of a Bioware RPG series)?

DA1 i found mediocre. 2 i never touched cos it got slated. if reviews on 3 are good enough, and theres nothing else to play i might pick it up
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it was pretty funny though. I had no idea what the issue was initially, so I was playing the intro to warden's keep in my underwear. the character that is, not me personally. honest. the other character is explaining the issues with the fort and the dark spawn and my character is there nodding and looking serious and I am thinking 'where are your clothes woman?! Surely this isn't supposed to be like this? how is that guy keeping a straight face?' anything from the main game was fine, anything you pick up in the stone prisoner, return to ostagar etc. didn't carry over. don't know why, you wouldn't think a few tiny bits of data were hard to copy over.
    could have been worse, you could have had a nude patch installed. You just know there is actually a DA nude patch out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Watched the trailer. Anyone getting a ME3 vibe (end of the world, factions must unite etc in Part 3 of a Bioware RPG series)?

DA1 i found mediocre. 2 i never touched cos it got slated. if reviews on 3 are good enough, and theres nothing else to play i might pick it up
    Nope, no ME3 vibe. DA:O was far from mediocre, it's widely regarded as one of the greatest modern RPGs and I would concur with that. It has amazing depth and breadth. DA2 had many problems but the story was amazing in, as I said, it put you in a much more realistic situation. Yes you were a hero with wealth and power (eventually) but you weren't regarded as some kind of God whose war was lore and three major factions in the game basically just ignored you or used you for their own ends. It was brilliant. If they hadn't fudged the development cycle up it would have been another modern classic I think, even if people would have struggled with not having the game world revolve around them.

Chapter-Master

'you' just 'know' eh? did you invent it by any chance?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Anyone getting a ME3 vibe?
    Bloody hell, they'll licence anything these days

...or are we talking about something else?

The no-DLC import thing can be fixed for most of them with a bit of buggering around, but not for Morrigan's one for some reason. Really annoying as my Warden was rocking the Warden Commander's plate and looking boss and I'd sold all my other gear and couldn't be bothered.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Bloody hell, they'll licence anything these days
    hehehehehehe

I'm Commander Shepherd and this is my favourite...

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast