BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age 3

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Meh. Picked up the first a year after it came out, never finished it, never cared to go back to it

Didn't touch the 2nd. Short of amazing across the board reviews, a complete overhaul of system and a good demo I won't bother with this either
    Picked up the first one two months ago, installed it a week ago and I love it. Though I find the camera angles irritating especially on maps with multiple levels
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Picked up the first one two months ago, installed it a week ago and I love it. Though I find the camera angles irritating especially on maps with multiple levels
    It's a good series despite what people may say about the second game.

Yep, though the second game did have it's issues it wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the first one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep, though the second game did have it's issues it wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the first one.
    I agree that elements of the second one were inferior to the first, combat etc. Though as I believe you posted earlier it was refreshing to play a smaller scale role in a large conflict. You weren't cast as the super hero saviour of the land who can convince everyone to follow you.

I also liked both games. I even liked the combat system of DA2 - what I didn't like was the combats themselves. The endless repetition of new waves spawning in places you couldn't plan for was what made DA2 combat tiresome to me, not the changes they made to the player's abilities, talent trees, and so forth. I also really liked the story of DA2. I wouldn't want every game to adopt the "story of a small area and a single family over a long period of time" as the new genre standard, but I'm really glad it got done, and done so well.

I think it was at a recent PAX panel that David Gaider said one of the things that most excited them about Dragon Age was the fact that, as owners of the IP, they can radically change the world. In a licensed game, the rebellion of the Circles and the disintegration of the Chantry would probably be background elements at best, and you'd play in their aftermath. In Dragon Age, you get to play through them. I think that's their focus, and that's what accounts for the constant changes in POV. Though DA:O was about introducing the IP, the series as a whole seems to be about jumping from flashpoint to flashpoint in the disintegration of the old world order.

Personally very excited, as BioWare seems to have its institutional finger on how to learn from past mistakes when they get too artsy. Just need a new video card for my damn PC ...
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 11-29-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Not strictly speaking DA3 news, but a new Dragon Age novel [URL="http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/03/tor-books-announces-new-dragon-age-novel-with-bioware-senior-writer-patrick-weeks"]has been announced[/URL], starring Empress Celene I of Orlais and her handmaiden/confidante/lover Briala:

Tor Books—the largest publisher of science fiction in the world—and BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts, are excited to announce the fourth novel in the award-winning Dragon Age™ fantasy RPG franchise. Patrick Weekes, senior writer at BioWare, will pen Dragon Age: The Masked Empire for April 2014 publication.
    I'm excited 'cos I've wanted to see more of Orlais since DAO and while Asunder gave a little insight into Orlais and much of it was set in Val Royeaux you still didn't really get a great impression of what the place was like.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Space France, but not in space. OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Thedas France.

Speaking of Thedas there is also a rather impressive collectors edition of the new World of Thedas DA encyclopedia/sourcebook thing available on the Bioware store:

I managed to get one of the first 500 signed editions so pleased about that. I love books like this, I wish GW would do some.

Don't tempt me with artwork, that's why I buy FFG stuff. xD

ALL OF IT.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I managed to get one of the first 500 signed editions so pleased about that. I love books like this, I wish GW would do some.
    they need to do more of the Liber book series and similar, I have the first four Liber Chaoticas, Liber Necris, Loathesome Ratmen, Blood on the Reik. All superb books, but a long time since any of them were released, we need more.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast