BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Make sure you all stay away from [url]http://eye-of-the-storm.co.uk/[/url] , as this is the new website set up by the same people who ran maelstromgames. They do not answer mail or phone, and have no intention of refunding unsent orders made on the old website.

Battle-Brother

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Steve54 posted this on Warseer and I'm going to post it here because people need to get some perspective:

Anything about GW being barstudly, Maelstrom racking up significant debts etc. is just hearsay at this point.
    Seems like Steve54 has a point. Nomcruise and Hatamoto seem to have appeared suddenly

yeah appeared suddenly to share my experience with maelstromgames and how they have ripped myself and others off during this so called "warehouse move" ... If you cannot see that this new website is by the same people then i dont know what to say. Just a friendly warning to not deal with them if you value your hard earned cash. Not once have they tried to explain the situation or assure people that they will be refunded for undelivered orders, nothing. All they did was start up this new website under a new name and off we go again. Order anything thats not in stock, i dare you ...

Chapter-Master

Hey Moron. They tell you on the website NOT TO. Hardly their fault if you find reading so troublesome.

www.queencityguard.com

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I do my shopping at my local store. If I place a mail order, it gets delivered there for free, which means no long arse walk down the industrial estate when Postie once again plays 'knock down ginger'. If I order it, it turns up. Plus, whether GW or Indy, if you don't use it, you may well lose it. Personally I could never run my own Indy as I cannot trust myself not to break the facial features of anyone who comes in to use my facilities free of charge, telling my paying customers about some discount I can't offer due to my inherent overheads. It's crass, it's rude, and it makes you an arsehat. And yes, I have seen such bragging.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Hey Moron. They tell you on the website NOT TO. Hardly their fault if you find reading so troublesome.
    The order was done 3 or so months ago, youd think they would refund for stuff they cant deliver before shutting down? And i must have trouble reading cause i cant find the bit of text you are refering to. All they say is the discount only works for things in stock. Not sure what that has to do with things though.

Other people on Warseer have reported ordering hings (in stock) in the past week or so and receiving them normally within days. Maelstrom may be having issues meeting orders and giving refunds but the speculation is really getting out of hand.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Sending things that are in stock should be no big deal now should it? Its not the stock items that is on the table here ...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Other people on Warseer have reported ordering hings (in stock) in the past week or so and receiving them normally within days. Maelstrom may be having issues meeting orders and giving refunds but the speculation is really getting out of hand.

I've had all 4 of my orders delivered in within a few days since the big sale started, but that's all been stuff that was in stock. I feel for the people who've been waiting months for GW stock, as I had that a while back.

There was a slight error with the order; I got less of 1 item I expected and more of another, but since the first item wasn't as useful as I was expecting I'm not put out enough to try and get it changed. The values are pretty much similar (and I paid about 50% of retail anyway)
    Last edited by Herzlos; 10-22-2012 at 02:01 AM.

The same phone number that was on the maelstrom site is also on the eye-of-the-storm one, and no one is answering .. what a suprise

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast