BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Yes Zombies can go to 35, stupid being stupid people!

The whole argument that "Zombies limited to 10" BS. Everyone with any sense knows GW will FAQ to say yes Zombies can go up to 35 per unit. Now the issues; "and cannot purchase options" everyone assumes all options when the only option you can actually purchase are the Marks for the whole unit. All other options are either "add to", "exchange", "or replace". The weapons are dealt with in that zombies only get a single CCW and guns are used for clubbing. Sorry to split hairs but people are really whining an over-reading to much into the rules. So short answer, yes you can add to the unit thus getting35 zombies as it's not a purchase. You just can't purchase "Marks of XXX"

Seriously it's not rocket science.

Meant stop being stupid lol
    Last edited by Flammenwerfer13; 10-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.

INCORRECT...nuff said.

Chapter-Master

The whole argument that "I can post whatever I want" BS. Everyone with any sense knows the mods will ban you to say "no, you can't make obnoxious and insulting posts." Now the issues; "abut it's a free country" everyone assumes free when in fact freedom has nothing to do with what you type in a forum. All other options are either "be nice", "be polite", "or go the hell away". The politeness is dealt with in that posters only get so much slack before Tzeentch's Dark Agent bans you. Sorry to split hairs but your post was really abrasive. So short answer, no you can not post obnoxiously.

Seriously it's not rocket science.

Meant stop being stupid lol
    That's better.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

CORRECT..nuff said.

TO's arent gonna let ppl run more than 10 until it is FAQ'd. period. Now, I WANT them to be ran in 35 man block, hell I love nurgle...I wish to run like 70 zombies on the board. And I believe that GW will fix this issue, but as it stands the answer is no. In a tournament setting, the TO is going to go with what is printed in the codex. If this is an issue send games workshop an email and ask for a ruling. I did, and they told me 10. Now I fully understand that the customer service ppl are not the game developers and it is just their interpretation, but most TO's if they have time will contact customer service and go with what they say.

Seriously everyone needs to calm down and not call ppl supid or continue the general immature flaming that they are doing. When it comes down to it there is no reason to get pissed off over something so trivial. If only being able to run 10 man squads for a couple of months before an faq is released ruins your whole gaming experience perhaps there is a bigger problem at play, one that doesnt even involve the codex at all, one that can be solved by looking in a mirror. The codex has so many options to be explored and different builds to utilize that can tide over even the biggest zombie lover out there until the FAQ comes out. Have fun and dont sweat the trivial stuff.

Chapter-Master

In exactly 1 month from today I will be at GW Throne of Skulls tournament. I will ask the TOs there. For me what is ruled whilst sat at GW HQ is as good as FAQ'd.

I doubt we will be hearing you are limited to 10. Squads of 10 will not sell miniatures.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by NurglesBloatedEgo View Post
    TO's arent gonna let ppl run more than 10 until it is FAQ'd. period. Now, I WANT them to be ran in 35 man block, hell I love nurgle...I wish to run like 70 zombies on the board. And I believe that GW will fix this issue, but as it stands the answer is no. In a tournament setting, the TO is going to go with what is printed in the codex.
    It will only be 10 if TO's can't read.

Librarian

Would this not belong in the rules/tactics area, not general discussion?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

general consensus is going with 10, not 35. but thats neither here nor there. I agree that they will get FAQ'd to 35. Personally I want them to be 35, but it is not written that way currently. I wish that these codices were edited better before publication, because these sort of issues would be limited if better wording had been used in the first place. Often ppl who play different armies will disagree with things of this nature just because they feel it is OP and dont wish to face it in a match. My stance on this issue is firm, not out of a dislike for the unit, but because I believe the way it is written to be clear in the fact that the unit cannot take options, and taking additional cultists is CLEARLY listed under the OPTIONS heading. That being said, Flammenwerfer and Gir I totally agree with you guys on the INTENT of this unit. The intention is to be able to have "zombie hordes" and I wish very much that GW releases an FAQ and does so very soon, in which it says "No options "beyond taking additional cultists" may be taken. Because then I could run 35 man blobs of zombies and no one could agrue the fact, and at the very least all of our lives would be easier when we play games.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer13 View Post
    CORRECT..nuff said.
    An eloquent argument, albeit one disconnected from a sound understanding of logic and the english language. I, however, assume that you're merely allowing your emotional response to cloud your judgement, because I feel it is poor form to call someone stupid if they view something differently from myself and GW's notoriety for imprecise rules carries over to this particular situation.

Quote Originally Posted by NurglesBloatedEgo View Post
    TO's arent gonna let ppl run more than 10 until it is FAQ'd. period.
    Well, they might, but only if they exercise their implied authority to implement house rules. But GW's actually done reasonably well with their FAQ's as of late, so this might not be an issue for long.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    That's better.
    +1
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast