BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

1/48 is the closest scale to 40K. You should swap weapons or at least upscale them to match better. The scale really only looks off if you run true 40k tanks beside them.

If you're thinking of Death Korps---a company called Emhar make a series of WWI tanks. The classic 'Little Willie' lozenge shape and a German one if I remember. They're a bit of a pig to get together as they are short run plastic kits--no location pins etc but they look the part when they're done. A 28mm figure standing next to one looks ok. They're 1/35 scale by the way.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    1/48 seems to work so long as you avoid GW tanks alongside them. Fairly sure one of my brothers uses 1/48 tanks in one of his armies alongside GW Guardsmen (Praetorians) and the only time they start looking out of place is when GW tanks are placed alongside.
    Im running a Mars pattern exterminator along with it...... Plus Death korp models are a bit smaller then normal guard so i am hoping for good match. Plus the long barrel on the Panther should make a pretty cool Vanquisher

Brother-Sergeant

In the early days of Games Workshop the company bought the rights to produce a model of the WW2 French Char 1 Bis tank and it was from this that the Leman Russ tank was developed, so take any scale Bis and put a Russ next to it and you'll not be far off!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendin View Post
    In the early days of Games Workshop the company bought the rights to produce a model of the WW2 French Char 1 Bis tank and it was from this that the Leman Russ tank was developed, so take any scale Bis and put a Russ next to it and you'll not be far off!
    I've never heard this before. Also, the Leman Russ bears far more similarity to the British WW 1 heavy tanks, (with a turret added) rather than the Char 1 bis.

Apart from anything, the Leman Russ wasn't produced until the mid 90s, well after GW produced anything non Warhammer/40k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12