BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scout

To see the little cheat I'm talking about, go here ([url]http://folk.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/tactics/fanatics.php[/url]) and do a find for "the wheel launch"

I think it's technically legal but generally accepted as cheating.

Veteran-Sergeant

[URL="http://folk.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/tactics/fanatics.php#l_wheel"]http://folk.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/tactics/fanatics.php#l_wheel[/URL]

Well the image reference doesn't work - you can't wheel backwards.

Not sure how wheeling in a turn works but I imagine it would have your unit going off the board - another thing you can't do.

I stand by my it isn't legal remark at least based on the info on that site.

Scout

There's no wheeling backwards involved. You line up in a single RANK at your deployment front, stretched across your deployment zone, facing your enemy.

Step 1, 90 turn to the left. Now you're a single FILE facing the short table edge to your left.

Step 2, Wheel to the units to its left (so that the lead guy is facing the long board edge closest to you, like he's turning to run away back the way your troops came). This causes the back end of the single file to swing out toward the enemy's deployment zone.

This techincally is legal because the 'units can't move more than twice their M value' applies only to Reform, it's not a general movement phase rule (nor is it a wheel rule). Since the wheel is measured by the slight movement of the front guy and NOT the giant swing of the long tail of the single file, it's legal.

Total bs, total cheese, and a totally douche move, but it's technically legal.

Brother-Sergeant

I suggest that if someone does some BS like that pack up your stuff and leave. Next thing well see is NG fanatic launchers using this technique.
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Veteran-Sergeant

Right. What I was saying is you are wheeling the front most model who is facing left. His wheel puts the models behind him off the table as he wheels. You can't move off the table.

At most you could wheel the one model 3" which is 3/4 of the move.

Scout

No no, he's wheeling in the other direction, he's willing such that he's going to face the board edge from which he was deployed (putting his back to the enemy), he's not wheeling toward his foe and nobody's going off the table.

Uck, nevermind, I failed at my attempt to communicate.

Veteran-Sergeant

No I understand, but at most he can whee the front most model 3" which isn't going to be enough to pop fanatics I don't think?

Mneh ... honestly we have wasted far too much time discussing this lame *** "trick" haha l

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah its a Dick move but, remember when Valuable prizes are involved and when some Tournys (ard Boys) throw sportsmanship out the window the gloves come off! And if you never plan on seeing, playing, or talking to these people ever again it could be a nifty little bit of rules raping that one can do nothing about! It may not bee very effective with slaves but gobbos and any unit you want to get a bit of an extra inch out of may find use for this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12