BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

very interested in these rumours, nice tactical marines with more Mk8 parts sounds good for my forthcoming minotaurs

I haven't seen much in the way of Dark Angels model release rumours, some of these could come out alongside them
    Last edited by Kirsten; 10-12-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    I already own thirty tactical marines and ten assault marines, so this isn't as big a "yay!" as it could have been - that said, if these new boxes have lots of bits, then I'd certainly be tempted to pick one up in order to make some new Sergeants and special/heavy weapon options (baby needs more plasma guns). A new librarian sounds decent too. So yay!
    hehe dude, this is always the case. I'm two companies deep and slowly acquiring. They always seem to add enough to tempt your interest.

I'm excited to see the options and additions. I'm interested in the HF mention and the the newer mk's of armour. That could convince me to by it on the hope of producing myself a sternguard squad. All I can say is it's about time they did Assault marines, for the price you get next to nothing in those boxes and the old jump packs look better aside from the back flip feature they seem to give my marines. As an Blood Angel guy I will un doubtably purchase a box of them to dilute the Angels bits box with. I have always loved scouts and am very excited to see additions to them. Librarian would be really nice to have as a kit, techmarine is interesting idea. I hope they do a batch of servitors then in simple character plastics like the Fantasy Plastic characters. They could be simple and if cheaper, and I would bet would sell more then in resin.

New tactical squad. Hvy flamer. Mk 8 style
    Edit: there are more mk 8 bits here than before, but there are still "beakies" too. Includes many options not released before in plastic, including a Hvy flamer, a backpack style (read devastator) missile launcher w flakk missile, slings on bolters, power weapon options. Basically think of all the blinged out options you get w a BA, SW, GK box and now apply it to tactical marines. Poses are all standing, but they aren't as static.
    At GD Oz someone asked Jes what he'd do if he could redo the Tac Marines. He mentioned changing the legs so they were less static (not sure if he used those exact words, but close) and less repetition; and also that he'd include more armour options. I remember him specifically commenting that he'd like it if you could do all beakies.

I wonder how WIP some of this stuff is ...

Chaplain

The rumoured vehicles look a bit dicey, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see new infantry kits with more gubbins.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    I already own thirty tactical marines and ten assault marines, so this isn't as big a "yay!" as it could have been - that said, if these new boxes have lots of bits, then I'd certainly be tempted to pick one up in order to make some new Sergeants and special/heavy weapon options (baby needs more plasma guns). A new librarian sounds decent too. So yay!
    Whoa. 30 whole tac marines? That is simply absurd. Heh.

I welcome some redone basic marine boxes utilizing the new sculpting abilities.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

I got a sprue of five tactical marines this morning and they have by far the worst mould lines I have ever seen on a model, including forgeworld, it is clearly beyond time the tactical sprue was replaced.

Yep, the last box I bought for my FSMs was really terrible. The moulds have been producing one of the most popular kits in the GW range, for what, fourteen years now? Was their an earlier recut I'm forgetting? Hm. Regardless it is definitely time for a re-cut.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I think it has had one recut since its' third edition release

Occuli Imperator

I am very pleased by this. I think each box should contain all the options. I remember being very frustrated ages ago having to buy a complete metal marine just to get a meltagun option
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The box was upgraded sometime in 4th edition. The 1998 sprue was replaced by a new one in the early-mid noughties.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast