BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Space Marine Rumours

Via Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    Argh! I wrote up a nice little bit for you guys on some new design work and due to the wonders of transversing wireless networks the post was lost. So frustrating.

Well I'll leave a teaser here and come back and edit it to fill it in when I get time later. Sorry blokes, I just dont have time to redo it all now...

These are all wip and no release timing is available. Codex SM is not underway, so these may be a splash release or could be a long way off.

New tactical squad. Hvy flamer. Mk 8 style
    Edit: there are more mk 8 bits here than before, but there are still "beakies" too. Includes many options not released before in plastic, including a Hvy flamer, a backpack style (read devastator) missile launcher w flakk missile, slings on bolters, power weapon options. Basically think of all the blinged out options you get w a BA, SW, GK box and now apply it to tactical marines. Poses are all standing, but they aren't as static.

New assault squad. New jump packs. New weapon options
    Edit: retooling similar to tac squad. The jump packs are all new, but don't get knickers in a twist cause they are the same style as current ones. They just look better cause the seam is not there. New cc options in the sprue include thss and lc. There is a few new options in here I can't reveal.

New librarian mini sprue. Codex options included
    Edit: this is where the librarian/chaplain kit I saw a long time ago went. Has a force sword or staff, has combi weapons, has pistols. Two heads. All in mini sprue. It's 2 mini sprues. Only options from current codex not present are jump pack, bike, or TA. No info on where chaplain went.

New Techmarine mini sprue. Conversion Beamer.
    Edit: very similar to current tech ax Techmarine. Layered body. Has tech ax, tech sword, plasma pistol, combi weapons, couple variants on servo arms, and conversion Beamer. 2 mini sprues.

Edit: on both these mini sprue characters the heads and weapons are compatible with existing line. But the arms/bodies are unique.

New scout box. New sculpts. Combined boxes. New options.
    Edit: includes some new scout only weapons. Heads are less bulky. All codex options present in one box.

New flyer. Interceptor/bomber. Flat but boxy. Storm raven sized. No transport. No hover. Heavy assault cannon and ff missiles. Or bombs and servo drones in gun pods.
    Edit: shares wing/engine aesthetics of storm raven, but fuselage is flatter. Wings not as bent. No thrusters in wingtips. Two tail options, one for each build.

New scout transport. Like Tauros (FW ig) but open wagon style. Halo warthog mashed w rhino. Pintle TL HB.
    Edit: rumored rule only will allow pintle weapon when unit is embarked. Fast vehicle. 4 buggy style wheels. Rider models/bits compatible with new scout box. Roughly rhino sized. For Baja race fans think armored sandrail.

Cheers. Like I mentioned, these are likely a long way off, and I will fill in more later.

Cheers
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Some of these i can see.....Since let's be honest the FW heresy book opened up a bunch of new idea's for gw to throw in a white dwarf for armies or the new Marine Codex's...... But for some reason i can't see them getting the all flamer or special weapon units for codex chapters at least =/ maybe Salamanders, Blood Angels & space puppys though.

Interesting....
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Although its nice to hear all the lovely things my PA friends will be getting, i do think as the poster stated this wont be here for quite some time.

I already own thirty tactical marines and ten assault marines, so this isn't as big a "yay!" as it could have been - that said, if these new boxes have lots of bits, then I'd certainly be tempted to pick one up in order to make some new Sergeants and special/heavy weapon options (baby needs more plasma guns). A new librarian sounds decent too. So yay!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

If I can put a flamer + heavy flamer in a tactical squad then my Knights of the Ardent Flame would be a happy chapter indeed...

Also more MK8 would be pretty cool.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    I already own thirty tactical marines and ten assault marines, so this isn't as big a "yay!" as it could have been - that said, if these new boxes have lots of bits, then I'd certainly be tempted to pick one up in order to make some new Sergeants and special/heavy weapon options (baby needs more plasma guns). A new librarian sounds decent too. So yay!

Yes, but when you own 300 Tac/Assault marines, this is huge... Adding to the army will actually give you different options/look/poses to work with :-)

I am happy to hear about this kind of stuff for my chapter.

hehe dude, this is always the case. I'm two companies deep and slowly acquiring. They always seem to add enough to tempt your interest.

I'm excited to see the options and additions. I'm interested in the HF mention and the the newer mk's of armour. That could convince me to by it on the hope of producing myself a sternguard squad. All I can say is it's about time they did Assault marines, for the price you get next to nothing in those boxes and the old jump packs look better aside from the back flip feature they seem to give my marines. As an Blood Angel guy I will un doubtably purchase a box of them to dilute the Angels bits box with. I have always loved scouts and am very excited to see additions to them. Librarian would be really nice to have as a kit, techmarine is interesting idea. I hope they do a batch of servitors then in simple character plastics like the Fantasy Plastic characters. They could be simple and if cheaper, and I would bet would sell more then in resin.

Chapter-Master

Whoa. 30 whole tac marines? That is simply absurd. Heh.

I welcome some redone basic marine boxes utilizing the new sculpting abilities.

www.queencityguard.com

New tactical squad. Hvy flamer. Mk 8 style
    Edit: there are more mk 8 bits here than before, but there are still "beakies" too. Includes many options not released before in plastic, including a Hvy flamer, a backpack style (read devastator) missile launcher w flakk missile, slings on bolters, power weapon options. Basically think of all the blinged out options you get w a BA, SW, GK box and now apply it to tactical marines. Poses are all standing, but they aren't as static.
    At GD Oz someone asked Jes what he'd do if he could redo the Tac Marines. He mentioned changing the legs so they were less static (not sure if he used those exact words, but close) and less repetition; and also that he'd include more armour options. I remember him specifically commenting that he'd like it if you could do all beakies.

I wonder how WIP some of this stuff is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast